OverviewSickKids Financial Analyst III Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Financial Analyst III
Maintenance of A/R records related to all aspects of A/R activity including entries to record receivables in the G/L, billing/raising invoices, collections,…
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team! Are you a dynamic customer centric individual with experience in financial analysis? Do you live for accuracy and have a knack for solving problems and coming up with creative solutions related to revenue accounting, analysis and reporting? Do you want to work for a World Class healthcare organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of children around the world? If this sounds like you, then we have an opportunity for you!
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
- Work with other departments to identify the root cause of financial reporting problems.
- Identify viable solutions for implementation that are in compliance with Hospital policy, Ministry standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Play a key role in maintaining appropriate departmental systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure efficient and effective operations within the departments.
- Maintenance of A/R records related to all aspects of A/R activity including entries to record receivables in the G/L, billing/raising invoices, collections, deposits and application of payments.
- Review aged trial balance and assist in resolution of issues – reconciling A/R system records to Department records.
- Analyze aged receivables and allowance for doubtful accounts – providing reports on aging, risks/opportunities and accounts to be written off.
- Ensure all interfaces and journal entries from various departments are posted and are accurate; follow-up on any outstanding interfaces.
- Provide variance analysis to plan and prior year – explaining material differences.
- Inventory analysis including review of reserves and incremental changes.
- Balance sheet reconciliations – meeting recognized accounting documentation standards.
- Co-ordinate with various funding agencies and keep management apprised of issues or changes in a timely manner.
- Monitor Ministry Funding rejections and general collection efforts and assist with rectifying the issue.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- University or college degree in Business or Commerce, with an emphasis on Finance and Accounting.
- Completion of or working towards CPA designation.
- 3+ year’s progressive experience in Revenue-Financial Accounting with demonstrated working knowledge of Accounts Receivable processes.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, accounting cycle and general accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with various levels within the department.
- Strong time management and multitasking ability.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative, team-oriented and process-driven.
Employment Type: 13 Month CONTRACT with benefits.
Our Commitment to Diversity
SickKids is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization.
SickKids is also committed to providing services in both official languages and our preference is to hire employees who are fluent in both English and French whenever possible.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document as youcannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
Tip: Ensure that the name of the document containing your covering letter & resume does not contain special characters, symbols or accent symbols (é, : / ? * [ ]) as this will prevent you from being able to successfully upload your document.
Tip: When uploading you resume avoid using the Cut/Paste Cover Letter/Resume option as resumes are not formatted and difficult to read.
Tip: After uploading your resume look for any items that indicate ‘Please update’ or are blank in the Work Experience or Degree section. If you notice any blank sections select the link and either update the information or use the garbage icon to remove this item from your application. You will not be able to submit your application until all missing items have been either updated or deleted.
Tip: If pages are not opening or you are experiencing long wait times, try using a different browser. Recommended browsers are: Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, 9 or Safari version 3, 4, 5.
Tip: Ignore questionnaires that may be sent to you via email.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-14