OverviewSickKids Donations Coordinator Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, 9 or Safari version 3, 4, 5. Is excellent customer service your passion?…
Is excellent customer service your passion? Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children?
If working in an office environment and feeling like you contribute to the greater good is your ‘cup of tea’, you may want to consider drinking it at SickKids!
The Donations Coordinator serves as gift-in-kind donations resource and establishes/maintains positive relationships with potential donors, Hospital and Foundation staff. Liaise with Hospital staff on donor-related activities supported by SickKids Foundation to ensure success. Manage the solicitation and acceptance of all donations-in-kind. Maintain database of Hospital needs to allow alignment with in-kind donations. Receives and responds to in-kind donation inquiries and general questions about the Office of Foundation Relations. Coordinates donor related activities in the Hospital in consultation with Foundation and Hospital staff.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
Donation in Kind
- Manage and coordinate all donations-in-kind to the Hospital and Foundation.
- Opportunity to improve protocol for the acceptance and management of all donations-in-kind.
- Arrange and distribute inappropriate gifts received at HSC to other community agencies or resources that may be able to use them.
- Investigate and communicate with other community resources that may be able to benefit from gifts received at HSC which do not meet the guidelines and therefore cannot be used.
- Develop and maintain lists of hospital needs in relation to gift in kind donations and determine appropriate allocation of gift.
- Liaise with relevant HSC departments to administer donations–in-kind such as: Child Life, Patient Care Units, Clinics, Family Centre, Women’s Auxiliary, Public Affairs, Protection Services, Commercial Services, Risk Management.
Identify, Cultivate and Steward Donors
- Develop and maintain a contact list for all donations-in-kind.
- Provide timely, accurate and consistent follow up with donors.
- Send a letter of thanks to donors outlining where and how their donation has been utilized.
- Work closely with Foundation staff ensuring that all gifts, products or services follow in accordance with the philanthropic guidelines as stipulated by the Foundation.
- Coordinate and participate in donation presentations and donor tours.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the hospital, Foundation, Public Affairs and the Public.
- Ensure donors are referred to HSC Foundation for tax receipts as needed/indicated.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- College or University Degree.
- 3 years of administration experience preferably in a hospital setting.
- Previous experience providing programs and/or services to patients and families, is needed.
- Knowledge of philanthropy/foundation an asset.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, interviewing, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, managerial, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate toys, games, and activities for all patient groups.
- Conflict management skills an asset.
Employment Type : Full-time, Temporary Employment (12 month maternity leave contract).
Our Commitment to Diversity
SickKids is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization.
SickKids is also committed to providing services in both official languages and our preference is to hire employees who are fluent in both English and French whenever possible.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document as youcannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
Tip: Ensure that the name of the document containing your covering letter & resume does not contain special characters, symbols or accent symbols (é, : / ? * [ ]) as this will prevent you from being able to successfully upload your document.
Tip: When uploading you resume avoid using the Cut/Paste Cover Letter/Resume option as resumes are not formatted and difficult to read.
Tip: After uploading your resume look for any items that indicate ‘Please update’ or are blank in the Work Experience or Degree section. If you notice any blank sections select the link and either update the information or use the garbage icon to remove this item from your application. You will not be able to submit your application until all missing items have been either updated or deleted.
Tip: If pages are not opening or you are experiencing long wait times, try using a different browser. Recommended browsers are: Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, 9 or Safari version 3, 4, 5.
Tip: Ignore questionnaires that may be sent to you via email.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-19