OverviewSickKids Dietary Aide Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
As a member of the Nutrition & Food Services team, you will be responsible to maintain the efficient operation of the areas of, Terrace Café, Catering,…
As a member of the Nutrition & Food Services team, you will be responsible to maintain the efficient operation of the areas of, Terrace Café, Catering, Production, Patient Services, Milk Prep Room and Dish Room.
Shift: Working various shifts including weekends. 7:00 am- 3:00 pm, 7:30am- 3:30 pm, 11:00am- 7:00 pm.
Although this posting indicates an initial area of assignment and shift, the Hospital reserves the right to assign to other areas of assignment and shifts as deemed necessary.
Here’s What You’ll Get to Do:
- Promote and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and customer service including safe and sanitary dietetic practices and procedures
- Maintain dietary standards of quality and quantity controls, portion control and merchandising techniques with all food products
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Must pass Skills Assessment Test
- Must be physically fit and able to work in a fast paced environment
- You will have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving abilities including some simple math skills
- Ability to work as a flexible team player
- Strong customer service commitment
- Food Handlers Permit and Smart Serve is required
- Demonstrated quality performance and good attendance.
- Food related experience will be an asset
- Demonstrates fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Must possess computer skills and be experienced with data entry
- Required to take Patient meal orders over the phone with Patients and parents
- Must be able to handle difficult situations as they arise
- Must be able to successfully Multitask
Employment Type: Fulltime; 37.5 hours per week
Our Commitment to Diversity
SickKids is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization.
SickKids is also committed to providing services in both official languages and our preference is to hire employees who are fluent in both English and French whenever possible.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document as youcannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
Tip: Ensure that the name of the document containing your covering letter & resume does not contain special characters, symbols or accent symbols (é, : / ? * [ ]) as this will prevent you from being able to successfully upload your document.
Tip: When uploading you resume avoid using the Cut/Paste Cover Letter/Resume option as resumes are not formatted and difficult to read.
Tip: After uploading your resume look for any items that indicate ‘Please update’ or are blank in the Work Experience or Degree section. If you notice any blank sections select the link and either update the information or use the garbage icon to remove this item from your application. You will not be able to submit your application until all missing items have been either updated or deleted.
Tip: If pages are not opening or you are experiencing long wait times, try using a different browser. Recommended browsers are: Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, 9 or Safari version 3, 4, 5.
Tip: Ignore questionnaires that may be sent to you via email.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18