OverviewSI Systems Senior Systems Engineer to gather requirements and analysis of system requirements for voice, multi-media, and communication systems Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Senior Systems Engineer to gather requirements and analysis of system requirements for voice, multi-media, and communication systems
Telecommunications, Systems Engineer 8 – 10 years. Experience with Agile product development methods. Our client, located in NE of Calgary, has a need for a…
Our client, located in NE of Calgary, has a need for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team.
The responsibilities and range of activities will vary, but in general will include:
- Participate in an interdisciplinary integrated project team environment under the supervision of more senior engineers and leads.
- Perform system requirements analysis.
- Perform system design and/or analysis functions based on requirements.
- Define SAFe Capabilities and Features
- Prepare and review system specifications, system design documents, and interface design documents.
- Provide design information to hardware and software engineers implementing the system.
- Prepare and review test plans, procedures and results.
- Identifying defects, resolving issues and verification.
- Support the change management process as the system design evolves.
- Documenting the analysis, design and test in accordance with development standards.
- Planning of activities/tasks for each design iteration
- Reporting progress against plans
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Experience is required in a number of the following areas:
- Disciplined approach to system engineering with knowledge of the full system life cycle.
- Experience with model based design tools (PTC Integrity Modeler in particular) and SysML.
- DOORS Requirements Management
- Rational Team Concert
- Tactical Communications and Networking Systems
- Information Management Systems
- Voice and Multimedia
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Enthusiastic contributor, willing to learn new skills and takes on ownership of work.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Agile product development methods
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, or applicable scientific discipline is required.
Expertise and Skills
- Telecommunications, Systems Engineer 8 – 10 years
- Must-have: What is your experience working as a Senior Systems Engineer to gather requirements and analysis of system requirements?
Must-have: How many consecutive years living in Canada do you have? The successful candidate must have lived in Canada for at least 10 years consecutively.
Work Environment Client is located in the NE of Calgary
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10