OverviewSI Systems IT Support Technician (Combination of Level 1 and 2) Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
IT Support Technician (Combination of Level 1 and 2)
Provide knowledgeable technical support and troubleshooting guidance pertaining to network, internet, laptop, phone, and computer issues within Microsoft…
Our client has an immediate need for an IT Support Technician to join their existing 2 person team. This person will be responsible for a combination of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 activities, and then absolutely pitch in where else needed. This role is reporting directly to the Manager, Client Services, and will be performing advanced trouble-shooting for desktop hardware and software (primarily operating systems, utilities, and communications).
– Provide level 1 and 2 service desk support, assisting with hardware and software issues.
– Provide knowledgeable technical support and troubleshooting guidance pertaining to network, internet, laptop, phone, and computer issues within Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows XP/Windows 7) MS Office products
– Field incoming help requests from end users in local and remote locations in a courteous manner
– Work daily to create an exceptional experience for all who contact the Service Desk
– Offer support over phone, Lync, email and face to face
– Offer support at the Service Desk or at users location/office
– Maintain technical problems history through a ticketing system
– Maintain local network policies, practices, security measures and control documentation
– Assist in preparing, revising and maintaining procedures and documentation
– Provide training on the operations and functionality of various applications, printers, and systems
– Identify trends and propose solutions that head off recurring and future issues
– Trouble-shooting for desktop software
– Assist with various phone (LAN and Mobile) issues
– Scheduled on-call after hours support as required
– Other duties as required.
In order to be successful in this role, strong communication and customer service is required.
Specialization and Skills:
Help Desk/Entry Level
Desktop Support Technician
2 – 4 years
Experience supporting a wide range of internal clients from Director level – Field Operations. (Must-have)
Previous SCCM experience. Please elaborate on your specific experience. (Must-have)
Previous experience providing operational (and some project) support in an enterprise IT environment. (2 – 4 years)
Prior experience providing mobile support. (Must-have)
There is an on-call rotation. Some travel to field locations may be required.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21