OverviewSI Systems Desktop Support Technicians Contract in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Desktop Support Technicians
Providing technical hardware and software support. Desktop Support Technician. Desktop support technicians, two provide Tier 1 & 2 support till the end of…
2 Positions to Fill. S.i. Systems Vancouver based client is looking for Two desktop support technicians, two provide Tier 1 & 2 support till the end of October. This opportunity has the chance to extend beyond the initial contract.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Providing technical hardware and software support.
- Prioritizing, tracking, and updating incidents and requests in an IT Service Management system on a regular basis to reflect current information and status.
- Providing regular status updates to users regarding the state of their incidents and/or requests.
- Providing training to users by demonstrating and assisting in the use of supported software and hardware.
- Answering basic technical or practical questions relating to the use of technology.
Education & Experience:
- Two year Diploma in Computing Studies such as Applied Computer Science Technology Diploma, or Computer Information Systems Diploma.
- Two (2) years related experience in providing technical support to users, and working with computer systems, software, and hardware.
- A+ Certificate, an asset
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (current version), an asset.
- Mac OS X Support Essentials certification (current version), an asset
- Considerable knowledge of both PC and Mac hardware and software.
- Experience with installation, configuring, testing, troubleshooting repairs, and upgrades of various computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
- Ability to safely lift and carry various computer related equipment
- Flexibility to provide non-regular hours support by working the evening and/or weekend shift
Specialization and Skills:
Help Desk/Entry Level
Desktop Support Technician
2 – 4 years
Please describe your experience providing Tier 1 & 2 Support to the end user. (Must-have)
Please describe your knowledge of Windows & Mac, hardware and software. (Must-have)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22