OverviewSI Systems C++ Software Developers Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
C++ Software Developers
Must have lived or been in Canada for more than 10 years and have citizenship or PR. Our Calgary client is in need of….
Our Calgary client is in need of C++ Software Developers, to be part of their key software product offering. There will be several software delvopment teams, each focusing on a specific set of software components and services in the areas of communication, device integration, and common services for multiple third-party software applications.
- Coordinate with Software Lead to plan and schedule tasks.
- Perform day to day task management for the software team and provide status updates to the Software Lead.
- Facilitate detailed task planning by software team members.
- Ensure quality criteria are met for all artifacts produced by the software team and present evidence at engineering gate review meetings.
- Keep team focused on delivering work items and ensure all commitments are met.
- Remove impediments for the software team and escalate organizational impediments.
- Assess and respond to changes in work scope.
- Actively contribute to the completion of work items.
- Collaborate regularly with Architecture Owner on the team to ensure coverage when the Architecture Owner is away.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with individual software team members to review responsibilities, objectives, and personal/career development.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 6 years of software development experience.
- Experience with higher level programming languages such as C++, C#, and Java.
- Experience developing software in a Linux operating system (kernel 3.X).
- Experience developing software in a Windows operating system (Windows 7, 8, 10).
- Experience with UML and modelling techniques.
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development.
- Disciplined approach to software engineering with knowledge of agile development methods.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
Specialization and Skills:
5 – 7 years
A minimum of 6 years’ of experience developing software, specifically C++ Development. (5 – 7 years)
The successful candidate must meet specific security restrictions: must have lived or been in Canada for more than 10 years and have citizenship or PR. Do you meet this requirement? (Must-have)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11