OverviewShowmax Event Services Director of Operation Contract in Vancouver, BC
Showmax Event Services
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Director of Operation
Minimum 2 years experience in an operations director or management role. Showmax Event Services is a special events company with a successful 20 year history…
Showmax Event Services is a special events company with a successful 20 year history producing high quality events for a variety of industries. We are a business built on solid business fundamentals and we are positioned for very significant growth.
We are seeking a dynamic, intelligent and flexible person to assume a full-time position as our Director of Operations at our Vancouver office. This role best suited for a high energy, driven individual to take on the task of directing the operations of the company and our events in a fast paced., competitive market.
The successful candidate will be self motivated and thrive in a challenging environment with a small and diverse group of driven, intelligent people who are focused on producing world class events. An energetic, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is essential to working with this team.
The Director of Operations will be provide the vision, directives, resources and staff so they can ensure that all our events are of the utmost quality.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Supervise the show production team to ensure set ups are completed according to company standards and maintain a very high success rate
- Coordinate sales team, shop team and show team to facilitate information transfer
- Organize weekly management meetings and review labor efficiency models
- Schedule of staff, provide inventory verification, input events into our software
- Assist sales and shop staff with sourcing products or services at reduced costs
- Develop production schedules and work flows
- Supervise event set ups and show productions to ensure quality and learn equipment technology
- Communicating, setting goals, planning and providing feedback to staff concerning their work performance
Reporting to the President, the Director of Operations provides support services on a full time basis to the sales team, shop staff and show staff and its departments as requested, and works in a manner that supports the overall success of the organization.
- Desire to be in the events industry
- Minimum 2 years experience in an operations director or management role
- Very good written and verbal communication skills, plus computer knowledge
- Friendly, approachable demeanor while maintaining professionalism
- Positive, can-do attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in and/or knowledge of technical equipment and the events industry is an asset
Showmax Events provides a flexible and stimulating work environment with abundant opportunities for personal growth. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please forward resume and cover letter. All resumes will be kept confidential. Please accept our sincere thanks for your interest in joining the team at Showmax Event Services.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23