OverviewShoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Senior Manager, Payor Partnerships and Business Development Contract in Toronto, ON
Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Branch Toronto ON CA
Senior Manager, Payor Partnerships and Business Development
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:….
Job Ref 2016-252
Job Type Contract
Senior Manager, Payor Partnerships and Business Development (1 Year Contract)
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient, with an extensive store network servicing the needs of Canadians.
We are a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what’s needed for our patients and customers.
And right now, that means providing more ways to care through our pharmacy services.
Our Pharmacy team at our Central office is drives the strategy and service planning for our store pharmacies, to ensure our patients get the best and most innovative services to help them with their healthcare needs.
We help ensure Shoppers remains a leader in retail pharmacy, innovating new product and service offerings on a national and provincial stage, setting strategy, taking smart risks and responsibility for our recommendations, and getting things done .
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, the nation’s largest retailer, and the majority unit holder of Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust. Loblaw – and its portfolio of grocery, health and beauty, financial services and apparel businesses – provides Canadians with an unparalleled mix of value, assortment and convenience, and offers Canadians two of the country’s most recognized brands – President’s Choice and no name.
The acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart, along with the powerful Life Brand and Optimum brand, has only served to reinforce our leadership position in the marketplace. As well, our PC Plus program, omni-channel efforts, and multicultural merchandising offerings continued to be points of differentiation for our customer experience.
We are hiring a Senior Manager, Payor Partnerships and Business Development (1 Year Contract) .
- Lead and develop current and potential partner relationships with carriers, benefits advisors and plan sponsors
- Identify high value partnerships and opportunities within the pharmacy benefit and health and wellness space with key industry stakeholders
- Support the execution of the “Go to Market” payor strategy and identify key target market segments through the identification of industry and market trends
- Support the development of joint business case assessments and “go forward” recommendations with potential partnership opportunities taking into account long and short term strategic and financial considerations
- Manage inquiries and business opportunities through presentations, RFP responses and other mechanisms – including agreement negotiations
- Maintain customer relationship management system to further grow a strong pipeline of potential partnerships
- Partner closely with Program Development to provide client input/feedback to be incorporated into the development of new programs and services
- Support Partner Success and Operations to ensure flawless execution of programs and maintain superior customer relationships
- Work with Manager, Partner Success and Operations as the key point of contact for issues resolution with external and internal partners (relating to private payor reimbursement)
Skills and Experience:
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects.
- University degree in business, pharmacy or other analytical field
- 7+ years of business/relationship development and/or partner/project management experience
- Proven client relationship management and customer service skills
- Understanding of health benefits industry, including drug plan management
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills including facilitation of meetings
- Strong analytic skills to effectively assess viability of prospective business opportunities
- Must be strategic, have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and organizational skills
- Delivers results in a high-pressure environment with the ability to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and actions to those at all levels of the organization
- Quick learner: ability to rapidly assimilate new concepts and idea, and willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial qualities and tenaciousness
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone’s benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03