OverviewShoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pharmacy Procurement Assistant Contract in Toronto, ON
Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Branch Toronto ON CA
Pharmacy Procurement Assistant
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and…
Job Ref 2016-288
Job Type Contract
Pharmacy Procurement Assistant – Contract
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient, with an extensive store network servicing the needs of Canadians.
We are a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what’s needed for our patients and customers.
And right now, that means providing more ways to care through our pharmacy services.
Our Pharmacy team at our Central office is drives the strategy and service planning for our store pharmacies, to ensure our patients get the best and most innovative services to help them with their healthcare needs.
We help ensure Shoppers remains a leader in retail pharmacy, innovating new product and service offerings on a national and provincial stage, setting strategy, taking smart risks and responsibility for our recommendations, and getting things done .
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
We are hiring a Pharmacy Procurement Assistant –6 Month Contract.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Pharmacy Procurement, the incumbent supports all data management systems – CRx, TecSys, and VMS – for pricing and product listings, Dedicated Supplier Product (DSP) maintenance, deals and allowances, vendor information, etc. In addition, the incumbent will assist in the general administration/management of product inventory and supply issues and implementation of specific programs to maximize sales, gross margin dollars and improve market share.
- Enters and maintains all price changes to ensure all product pricing are up to date and accurate.
- Enters, maintains and monitors all critical product listing information to ensure details are up to date and accurate.
- Enters, maintains and monitors all critical information including key financial data to ensure records are current and accurate.
- Monitors, maintains and manages DSPs.
- Reviews all provincial formularies to ensure all pricing are aligned with provincial drug benefit coverage.
- Ensures communication for product and/or program updates/changes are posted on the In-Store-Web.
- Provides support to all Remedy and store inquiries directed to Pharmacy Procurement team, obtain feedback from other department members as needed to resolve issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Manages and maintains vendor profiles in VMS.
- Verifies and follows set up procedures to enter deals and include allowances for vendors and products.
- Reviews system discrepancy reports to ensure an accurate flow of information between CRx and other SDM corporate systems and ensure accuracy of all data elements.
- Ensures all vendor return policies are current, and forwards all updates to Matrix and other relevant SDM departments, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate exchange of information.
- Monitors and liaises with inventory management department to ensure prompt delivery of pharmaceutical products and actively manage inventory supply issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree preferably in business Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar.
- Pharmacy Technician experience or general pharmacy industry experience is an asset
- Financial analysis skills is considered an asset
- Strong analytical ability, problem solving and attention to detail
- Microstrategy or equivalent experience is considered an asset
- Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
- Provides routine information to coordinate the assignments and work procedures of others.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with vendors and colleagues including senior management.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Computer skills to produce effective, spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Database management.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required
- Business acumen – demonstrated understanding of quality standards relative to pharmaceutical products and knowledge of provincial formulary guidelines and drug scheduling
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone’s benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-26