OverviewShoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Cosmetics Manager (CM) Full Time in Charlottetown, PE
Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
Cosmetics Manager (CM)
Experience as a Makeup Artist or education in makeup design. 675 UNIVERSITY AVE….
Job Id: 1071725
Location: 675 UNIVERSITY AVE
Store Number: 0101-SDM
Position Type: Full Time
Work in store as a Cosmetics Manager.
This is a beauty career that is more than skin deep. Lead a team of beauty experts, drive cosmetics sales through unbiased advice on products, and consult with customers in your community.
A leading retailer in Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart has locations in most cities and towns, large and small, and local pharmacist owners looking to build their store team with people who take ownership and find more ways to care.
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, by keeping the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Are you an individual who:
- Has a natural eye for inner and outer beauty?
- Wants to provide service and advice that is friendly, unbiased and unparalleled?
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and consultative sales approach?
- Is passionate about running your own department?
- Is personable and outgoing and likes to make people feel better about themselves?
If so, then a management career with one of the leading beauty and cosmetics destinations in Canada may be for you. You will be selling the top cosmetics brands in North America and the world, with access to extensive training in cosmetic product knowledge to ensure your team’s success, and you will have the chance to become a local beauty expert and leader in the store and your community.
A successful Cosmetics Manager:
- Manages the human and financial resources of the store’s Cosmetics department
- Ensures that the store’s Cosmetics department objectives are achieved
- Recruits qualified Cosmeticians and oversees on-boarding and training
- Provides leadership, coaching and performance management
- Develops an annual promotional calendar and local community marketing outreach plan
- Communicates cosmetics goals to staff
- Ensures exceptional customer service and retail beauty clienteling
- Stays up to date on with products and promotions, and guides their staff to continually learn
- 3 years of proven cosmetics sales expertise
- 2 years of retail management expertise
- Excellent makeup and cosmetic application knowledge (through experience or makeup artistry)
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong coaching/mentoring skills
- Ability to manage and deliver financial objectives
- Experience as a Makeup Artist or education in makeup design
- Past experience as a Cosmetician, Beauty Advisor, Counter Manager or Skin Care Specialist
- Strong team motivator, adaptable to changing initiatives and goals
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising
- Keen interest in maintaining knowledge of health, fashion and beauty
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand.
Within the Shoppers Drug Mart network, Associate-Owners know the root of their success lies with the people who work in their stores, who
take ownership of their work and look to find
more ways to care about their patients, customers and community.
Some benefits you can find working in store include:
A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence
Flexible and varied schedules
Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
Employee discounts on in-store purchases
Access to learning and development opportunities through SDM University
Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
Unique chance to work with a network of organizations that is committed to improving the health and wellness of Canadians
Flex schedule – some weekends and evenings
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Maternity leave position one year term position
**for system use only**
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-12