OverviewShop Manager in Saskatoon, SK
First Student Canada
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
considered an asset. EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE: Heavy duty mechanic, automotive mechanic certification, truck and transport mechanic or equivalent qualifications…
Under general direction, the Shop Manager completes shop functions, and work activities, performs vehicle preventative maintenance to our fleet of more than 300 School Buses, vehicle repairs and general building maintenance, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Schedule and supervise and complete shop activities to ensure maximum productivity through VMS computer program
- In conjunction with the Location Manager makes recommendations and obtains quotations for facility upgrades for the annual capital budgeting process. Participates in setting shop budget and conducts reviews to ensure goals are being met and discuss variances to plan.
- Ensure branch fleet is maintained to government and company requirements
- Control of ordering parts, supplies, and subcontract work including quarterly physical inventory
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner
- Manage, assist in the hiring and supervise competent staff
- Complete Brake, Safety and PM inspections
- Monthly reporting to the Location Manager
- Prepares and participates in yearly shop and environmental audits as scheduled
- Vice Chair monthly maintenance staff meetings
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Prepare and submit all regular monthly reports.
- Submit and manage all warranty through VMS system.
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations.
Job Requirements Shop Manager Job Requirements
Having valid Red Seal Journeyman mechanics licence with diesel & school bus experience considered an asset.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Heavy duty mechanic, automotive mechanic certification, truck and transport mechanic or equivalent qualifications
- Must have extensive knowledge of Province of Saskatchewan’s Traffic Safety Act “Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation”
- Supervisory or fleet management experience preferred
- Must have experience overseeing multiple shops
- Knowledge of VMS or similar fleet maintenance system preferred but not necessary
- Must have strong communication, organizational skills and management skills.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word & Excel
- Experience in Maintenance record keeping programs
- Must have budget experience
Please forward your resume by September 25, 2014 via email or fax to
Chanda Lockhart, Location Manager
Fax: (306) 343-2126
[Click Here To Join]
An External Search May Be Held In Conjunction with This Internal Posting
Only Successful Candidates Will Be Contacted
“FIRST STUDENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13