OverviewSHOES.com Development Manager – Vancouver, BC Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Development Manager – Vancouver, BC
It takes a dedicated team of brilliant people that are passionate about their work to make this vision possible….
Position: Development Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
A bit about us…
SHOES.COM is the world’s fastest growing private online footwear and apparel destination with over 500 brands and 8 million customers across the US and Canada. The company owns and operates SHOES.COM, OnlineShoes.com and SHOEme.ca. Our team continuously strives to meet our vision to become the premier global shopping destination for customers to get expert advice and discover leading, boutique and exclusive brands. It takes a dedicated team of brilliant people that are passionate about their work to make this vision possible. If you want to work for a company where you’ll be supported by strong leadership, inspired to be your best self, where you will be challenged, and where you can learn from your peers, then SHOES.COM is the place for you.
A bit about your team….
In Technology, we are the people who have the honor of bringing ideas to life. We strive to make the impossible possible. Not persuaded by the comforts of the status quo, we thrive in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment where imagination is constantly being turned into reality. We pride ourselves on being the agents of change who empower our business to define the beat of the market. We deal in stellar attitudes, rigorous challenges, and a passion for problem solving. We are eclectic. We are pioneers. And we love what we do.
Summary of your position…
You must be a self-starter, possess sound judgment, strong communicator, analytical, and problem solving skills. You act on issues and see things through. As a leader within the Technology Organization, you understand and contribute to team and company goal setting, planning and communication flow to ensure that team members are kept well informed on tasks, goals, and policies. Finally, a strong sense of customer service and teamwork is critical to success in SHOES.com’s Technology team.
• Ensure the highest service level to internal and external customers.
• Manage day-to-day project and support task commitments against available resources and priorities.
• Support efforts that enable our continuous integration / development (CI/CD) platform.
• Assist in developing and applying department goals, objectives and budgets.
• Collaborate with other Technology and Development teams to re/define technology direction and roadmaps.
• Provide leadership, guidance and technical expertise to Development Team members who are responsible for designing, developing, deploying, testing and maintaining (primarily) web-based applications.
• Continue to grow your Development Team via performance reviews, employee development, teambuilding, coaching and mentoring.
• Keep up to date with E-commerce trends, emerging technologies and website usability best practices and apply new knowledge to development efforts.
• Evaluate the technical feasibility of project requests and participate in technical scope definition. Provide guidance to business partners on feasibility, scalability, and technology best practice. Work with the development team to provide time estimates for project requests.
• Partner with software architects and other senior developers to define application and database architecture and deliver a technical design specification for project requests.
• Research and resolve production application bugs. Prioritize customer impacting bugs appropriately.
• Mentor team members on technology and development decisions and best practices.
• Communicate clearly, consistently, and often to SHOES.com’s e-commerce application stakeholders regarding business solutions and technology problems including recurring project status.
• Participate in the development team on-call rotation providing off-hours support and website error monitoring.
• Be a strong voice for technology innovation, process improvement and reform, and maintaining and improving developer productivity.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people and act as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
• Excellent verbal, written, and email communication.
• Strong relationship and negotiation skills and a customer service orientation, able to assess business priorities and action upon them.
• Has shown progressive leadership / managerial experience.
• 5+ years of progressively increasing technical software development experience, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
• Experience working with revision control systems, direct experience with SVN or other solutions (e.g. TFS, Github, etc.)
• Experience working in an Agile development environment and/or a DevOps environment.
• Analytical. Must be capable of pulling information from a variety of sources both internal and external and then process, analyze, and report information and conclusions in a concise and effective manner for the appropriate audience.
• Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications.
• 4-year college degree. BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31