OverviewSherritt Human Resources Manager Full Time in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Branch Fort Saskatchewan AB CA
Human Resources Manager
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
The Human Resources Manager will:. Leading a diverse HR department, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of HR policies and processes…
Profile: Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the successful candidate will be dedicated to providing an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes productivity and empowerment. Leading a diverse HR department, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of HR policies and processes that support the achievement of the organization’s business goals.
The Human Resources Manager will:
- Lead the delivery of the organization’s Human Resources strategic plan with specific focus on delivering effective HR generalist services in the areas of sourcing and staffing, employee relations and management, total rewards, international assignments management, and policy development.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Director, lead labour relations activities and act as company representative for all labour relations matters with Unifor, Local 530 A, including concluding and/or maintaining the collective agreement.
- Promote collaborative and efficient employee/industrial relations through effective communication and management practices.
- Implement, update and communicate HR processes, policies and procedures that align with the Human Resources strategic plan.
- Lead the continuous improvement of HR generalist services, systems and procedures delivered to the organization. Collaborate where appropriate with the Corporate centers of expertise to develop action plans and initiatives.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and professional development opportunities for his/her team and effectively counsel other leaders in the organization on similar activities.
- Advanced proficiency in English language is required. Proficiency in Spanish is desired.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and support the professional development of a diversified HR team.
- Demonstrated ability to gain the trust and credibility of senior management.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a continuous improvement business environment.
- 12-15 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years in a unionized environment, ideally with a major employer in the natural resources sector (or industrial environment), with hands-on experience in several facets of Human Resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of legal principles and framework associated with all aspects of Labour Relations and demonstrated experience in collective bargaining.
- University degree in Human Resources or other applicable area of study (or equivalent years’ experience)
- CPHR Designation desired.
Applications are being accepted until February 06, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24