OverviewSheridan College Part-time Teaching Opportunities, Travel & Tourism Part Time in Oakville, ON
Branch Oakville ON CA
Part-time Teaching Opportunities, Travel & Tourism
Must have working knowledge in accommodations, air travel/tariffs, and meetings & events; Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages…
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact [email protected] to discuss your needs.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team. The Faculty of Business invites applications for part-time faculty to teach a variety of courses in the Travel & Tourism program. Faculty in this program teach a range of subjects that include but are not limited to: marketing plan development, managing customer relationships, and marketing promotion strategies. If you have the qualifications and experience to teach in such areas, we invite you to apply.
Winter semester – Trafalgar Campus, Oakville
- TRTV12212 Selling Destinations – Canada USA
- TRTV14049 Cruise Vacations
- TRTV19402 Corporate & Vacation Accommodation
- TRTV11819 Selling Destinations – Caribbean
- TRTV11179 Airline Costing & GDS
Course outlines may be obtained through Sheridan’s website:
If you are interested in part-time teaching opportunities in the Faculty of Business, please submit an online application. The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Designing, revising, and updating of course material in consultation with the program coordinator, other faculty members, advisory committees, and potential employers and students;
- Defining, evaluating, and validating learning outcomes;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning;
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable.
- Master’s degree in tourism, geography, history or a related field of study required; PhD preferred;
- A minimum of five years of recent experience in the travel and tourism industry;
- Apollo GDS working skills;
- Corporate Travel Booking skills;
- Must have working knowledge in accommodations, air travel/tariffs, and meetings & events;
- Teaching experience and/or experience in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset;
- Strong network of professional contacts with other professionals, agencies and employers;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills along with a commitment to working in a team environment.
Employee Group: Part-time
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference #: 15/PT/20
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: July 23, 2015
To apply online, visit: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-24