OverviewSheridan College Field Practicum Coordinator (Part-time) Part Time in Brampton, ON
Branch Brampton ON CA
Field Practicum Coordinator (Part-time)
The incumbent supports all Field Liaison and Site Supervisor relationships for the Social Service Worker (SSW) and Social Service Worker – Gerontology (SSW –GER…
Job Description: Employee Group : Part-time
Faculty/Department : Applied Health & Community Studies
Campus : Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number : 16/S/63
Hourly Rate : $26.53 – $31.06
Hours/Week : 24
Application Deadline : December 14, 2016
Start Date: January 2017
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Field Practicum Coordinator is responsible for developing, promoting, coordinating, implementing and maintaining field practicum sites in consultation with the relevant program coordinator. The incumbent supports all Field Liaison and Site Supervisor relationships for the Social Service Worker (SSW) and Social Service Worker – Gerontology (SSW –GER) programs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Arranging and coordinating field practicum sites for the SSW and SSW GER programs for all semesters; determining and managing lists of students scheduled for placement;
- Managing field practicum database.
- Consulting with SSW Program Coordinators regarding practicum scheduling issues and needs; reassessing placement sites on a routine basis;
- Determining placement locations based on students needs and availability of placement sites;
- Providing field personnel with support, regular information and feedback regarding program changes and expectations;
- Compiling, reviewing and distributing field placement materials to students, field placement sites and faculty, support staff and program coordinators;
- Conducting field visits as required by students, faculty and agencies;
- Educating and informing Students, Field Liaisons, Placement Supervisors, Sheridan Faculty and Program Coordinators about the practicum model, policies, procedures and requirements of the College and Placement Site;
- Consulting and collaborating with Program Coordinators about the partnership models for the practicum; attending faculty meetings;
- Conducting pre-practicum classroom meetings with students and/or Field Liaisons to educate them about the practicum requirements, policies and procedures needed to secure a practicum;
- Developing, reviewing and revising practicum evaluation tools;
- Establishing and maintaining administrative policies, procedures and documentation requirements for practicum related issues;
- Responding to students and field inquiries about practicum requirements;
- Providing link with program faculty and Professional Advisory Council members to ensure consistency between program curriculum and field practicum;
- Developing and updating annually the Field Practicum Policy, Procedure Manual, Student Handbook (resource guide) and updating practicum related information;
- Developing and maintaining community relationships through planning and organizing special events and representing Sheridan at relevant community meetings;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess a SSW diploma or degree in a related field. A BSW or MSW are preferred. The incumbent will have a minimum of two years administrative/ supervisory experience working with a variety of community resources using marketing, and public relations skills and techniques. Experience working in the Social Service or educational field supporting and guiding students is preferred. The ability to use mediation and conflict resolution skills is preferred. The incumbent will possess above average organizational skills, be self-motivated, can work independently and possess strong communication, clerical and computer skills.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials is requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05