OverviewSherbourne Health Centre Registered Dietitian Contract in Toronto, ON
Sherbourne Health Centre
Branch Toronto ON CA
And mental health services. This is done through primary health and chronic disease services; As a member of a interdisciplinary health care team, the…
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL POSTING
Job Title: Registered Dietitian
Job ID #: LGB 16-0601
Department: LGBTQ Health
Reports To: Program Director, LGBT Health
Affiliation/Union: UFCW, Local 175
Salary Range: MCS2 $25.67 – $32.43 per hour
Status: Part-time, Approximately 1 year contract
Hours: 19 hours per week
Sherbourne Health Centre is seeking a dynamic, experienced individual to join our LGBTQ Health Team as a Registered Dietician.
Sherbourne is a leading provider of quality health care and transformative support to people who face social, economic and other systemic barriers. Our mission is to advance the equity and quality of care and services and to improve health for underserved communities. This is done through primary health and chronic disease services; health promotion and education; outreach and social supports; and mental health services.
We are particularly committed to serving homeless or under-housed people, newcomers to Canada and the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities. Our innovative programs include: the Rotary Club of Toronto Health Buses; an Infirmary for people who are homeless or precariously housed with chronic conditions including cancer; the Supporting Our Youth program for at-risk LGBT youth; the LGBTQ Parenting Network; and Rainbow Health Ontario, a provincial education, research and capacity-building program and community based clinics for primary care, mental health and Diabetes in St. James Town.
As a member of a interdisciplinary health care team, the Registered Dietitian will provide appropriate primary, secondary and tertiary illness prevention services; and acquire/develop nutritional resources for clients and care providers. In addition, they will be responsible for developing and delivering client education sessions. The Dietitian will also work collaboratively with the Registered Dietitian, Diabetes Education, Family Health Team and the Community Dietitian on the Newcomer Health Team.
The LGBT Health team currently operates day and evening clinics. The Dietitian schedule is flexible within clinic hours and ensuring client needs are met.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario or eligibility for registration
- Baccalaureate Degree specializing in foods and nutrition from a Dietitians of Canada accredited university program and successful completion of a dietetic internship
- Minimum 2 years experience as a dietitian, in a primary care or community setting is preferred
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a interdisciplinary team
- Ability to develop client centred nutritional resources
- Experience working with communities that face barriers such as poverty, discrimination and social isolation in accessing health care
- Experience developing and presenting workshops on a variety of nutrition related issues
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records Application is a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other team members as well as ability to work independently
As an employer, Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
Application: If you are interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID # LGB 16-0601 by 9:00 am on June 28, 2016 via one of the methods below:
Visit our website at www.sherbourne.on.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or drops in please.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-18