OverviewShaw Communications Part-Time Master Control Operator Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Part-Time Master Control Operator
Provides operational support for Shaw TV Master Control. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner….
Shaw TV is currently seeking a permanent Part-Time, Master Control Operator to join our Vancouver team. This position reports directly to the Senior Broadcast Technician of Programming.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
– Provides operational support for Shaw TV Master Control.
– Schedules automation servers for playback.
– Encodes digital programming to Broadcast and VOD standards.
– Receives and distributes National feeds via fibre networks and satellite.
– Logs programming inventory (Video tape, Digital Files) for all Shaw TV systems.
– Provides Studio and Remote production support as required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
– The applicant will display a basic competency and knowledge of technical broadcast and studio equipment (video servers, VTRs, cameras, lighting, audio, patch bays, etc.)
– Post Secondary education in Television broadcasting or commensurate experience.
– Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
– Reliable and punctual. Available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
– Experience with Final Cut Pro and non-linear editing systems an asset.
– A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– A positive can-do attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25