OverviewShannex Housekeeping Attendant Part Part Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Housekeeping Attendant Part
Consistently integrates the client directed philosophy in daily interactions; Collects laundry from client suites and delivers to the laundry room;…
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Continuing Care accommodations, and services in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4300 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Housekeeping Attendant Part-Time
Located in Halifax (Caritas Residence ) Reporting to the Office Manager, as part of the Support Services Team. The Housekeeping Attendant works together with the Health Services and Food Services departments to uphold the client-directed Philosophy of Service. The Housekeeping Attendant performs manual and machine tasks involving both laundry and housekeeping duties. Tasks include, but are not limited to, sorting, washing, drying, and delivering laundry to client suites; cleaning and sanitizing suites, washrooms, office space and common areas.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include :
- Consistently integrates the client directed philosophy in daily interactions;
- Collects laundry from client suites and delivers to the laundry room;
- Sorts laundry into appropriate piles based on laundry type (linens, mops, personal clothing);
- Operates washers and dryers properly; ensures machines are loaded properly using proper washing formula and appropriate dial settings as instructed;
- Sorts clean laundry into appropriate baskets or rack; counts linen needed for each area as per linen quota;
- Delivers clean clothing to client’s suite and puts in appropriate dresser/closet or allow client to put away if they wish. Delivers linen to appropriate linen closets;
- Checks laundry for tears, holes, missing buttons, etc. and repair as required or inform Supervisor if irreparable;
- Fills and replenishes supplies in client’s suites and washrooms;
- Empties/cleans waste receptacles – place waste in designated trash area;
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment as required and in accordance with prescribed work schedules;
- Using microfibers as directed – dusts, cleans furniture, counters, shelving, walls, window/door ledges and casings, sinks, toilets and bathroom facilities. Keep floors clean in laundry room, client suites, hallways, elevators and common areas using appropriate cleaners and microfibers;
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies;
- Keeps machines clean and free of dirt and lint. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area;
- Maintains and cooperates with facility Policies and Procedures, Fire & Emergency plan, WHMIS, Infection Control, Health & Safety and any other required by the facility.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this role. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the successful candidate.
- High School diploma or equivalent education preferred;
- First Aid/CPR certification (For Assisted Living only);
- Ability to operate housekeeping and commercial laundry equipment; safe use of cleaning agents;
- Ability to read and write the English language;
- Works and communicates with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner;
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail;
- Works with minimal supervision and responds appropriately to supervision;
- Demonstrates respect for client, family and co-workers and displays behavior in accordance with organizational values and beliefs.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by Feb 24 , 2017
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11