OverviewShannex Education Coordinator Full Time in Bridgewater, NS
Branch Bridgewater NS CA
Education Coordinator – Full Time. Certification or diploma in Adult Education; Represents the region on Education committees internally and externally….
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Continuing Care accommodations, and services in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3800 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Education Coordinator – Full Time
Located in Bridgewater, NS at Ryan Hall and reporting to the Site Manager, the Education Coordinator works collaboratively with the management team to plan, conduct and evaluate a variety of education and training programs while acting as an education and training resource for the South Shore Regional Team.
The Coordinator also coordinates the clinical functioning of the nursing department and the provision of quality resident care and services for the site.
The responsibilities with respect to the Education Coordinator are:
- Works as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide quality resident care and services;
- Assists Site Manager with supervision and evaluation of nursing department staff, which includes work assignments, training, disciplinary procedures, and performance evaluation;
- Assists in selection of qualified staff for resident care;
- Directs nursing personnel in the provision of resident care; assesses, plans, implements and evaluates resident care as necessary; maintains and promotes professional nursing standards;
- Assumes duties of registered staff in charge of neighborhood as required;
- Allocates staffing for each nursing unit to assure optimal resident care;
- Identifies and implements strategies for improvement of resident care;
- Implements and evaluates special programs such as infection control, nursing quality improvement and utilization review; conducts quality audits, gathers data and prepares reports;
- Provides initial assessments of potential admissions in consultation with the Nursing team and Site Manager;
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as required to promote and ensure adjustment and continuity of resident care programs;
- Visit potential Resident Care Facility clients in hospital or in community and completes the RCF admission documentation with client/family;
- Provides oversight and leadership to promote and evaluate resident care goals and objectives to assure the optimum level of wellness for residents of the Residential Care Facility (RCF).
- Reviews care planning of Residential Care Facility (RCF) clients with licensed staff and provides sign-off on the individualized service plans.
- Plans and develops education and training programs for staff, including preparation, facilitation and follow-up;
- Analyzes, develops, evaluates and delivers education sessions to groups and/or individuals as appropriate;
- Develops staff training and development policies, procedures, standards and evaluation guidelines;
- Represents the region on Education committees internally and externally.
- Ensures client safety by following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provided;
Requirements For the role include:
- Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- ; Current registration with the provincial College of Registered Nurses;
- Minimum five years nursing experience
The following would be considered role preferences:
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience in long term care or a health service environment;
- Certification or diploma in Adult Education;
- Specialized courses such as: Foot Care, Palliative Care, Venipuncture;
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementia Care course completion;
- French and English bilingualism.
What We Offer:
- A comprehensive compensation package
- Full benefit package, available from your date of hire
- On-site parking
- A position that works primarily Monday through Friday
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life. We offer a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits plan.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply through our website at https://shannex.itacit.com/itacit-career-ui/?CLIENT=77426639&SID=2 by January 31 st , 2018
All applications will be kept in strict confidentiality.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Bridgewater, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10