OverviewShannex Continuing Care Assistant – Part time Part Time in New Brunswick
Branch NB CA
Continuing Care Assistant – Part time
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising & directing the operation of the production kitchen, assigning…
Parkland Riverview Retirement Living enables seniors to choose living and service options which suit their needs and interests. With two new residences, seniors can now access assisted living and licensed nursing care, as well as traditional retirement living – all on the same property.
At Shannex we are committed to providing service excellence and respecting clients as individuals. We believe our caring and capable employees are the foundation of our organization. We focus on supporting clients by offering a continuum of services. These services include independent retirement living, assisted living and nursing home services.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Cook – Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising & directing the operation of the production kitchen, assigning work responsibilities and maintaining quality assurance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards.
- Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Assists with preparation of food for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Ensures completion of required documentation e.g. inventory counts, food and equipment temperature and cleaning checklists, security / lock-up checklists as required.
- Completes department audit activities as required.
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Processes pots, pans, and dishware and maintains sanitation dishwasher and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines as required;
- Ensures that dress code and appearance are in compliance with the facility policy.
- Follows disposal procedures according to established waste management guidelines for organics, paper, plastics, cans/bottles, non-recyclable material, etc.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Minimum five years experience;
- Excellent Time management skills required;
- Ability to read & follow detailed recipes/instructions required;
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety certification;
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
Supplemental Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Red seal journeyman papers;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors independent living environment.
â€œGreat People Striving for Great Thingsâ€ is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply to Careers with Shannex by December 19th, 2016.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: New Brunswick, NJ, US
Posted on: 2016-12-06