OverviewShannex Client Service Assistant Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Client Service Assistant
Client Services Assistant – Full Time. The Client Services Assistant is responsible for meeting clients’ needs according to an individualized service plan and…
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Continuing Care accommodations, and services in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3500 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Client Services Assistant – Full Time
Located in Bedford at Caritas Residence and reporting to the Client Service Manager. The Client Services Assistant is responsible for meeting clients’ needs according to an individualized service plan and all aspects of personal care for clients. You will assist clients with activities of daily living and you may perform and assist in light housekeeping, meal preparation, basic laundry service, recreational activities and other related work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists clients with hygiene and daily living activities, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment.
- Assists clients and culinary workers during meal time.
- Assists in the provision of social, spiritual, and intellectual activities for clients.
- Administers client medications as assigned under the direction of the Client Services Coordinator/Manager and in accordance with Physician orders following all medication management policies and guidelines.
- Completing all duties in a way which is consistent with Shannex’s Philosophy of Service: Your life. Your choice. Your Home.
- Home/Personal Support Worker Program, Special Care Home Worker Program, Health Care Aid or Human Services Program, Nursing Assistant Program, or equivalent.
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification.
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal background check.
- Basic food safety training or similar food safety education considered an asset.
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementia Care Course considered an asset;
- Back in Form Lift and Transfer Program an asset.
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment.
Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11