OverviewSGS Line Handler Part Time in Sydney, NS
Branch Sydney NS CA
At least 1 year’s experience in a production or manufacturing role. Minimum of a High School Diploma or a General Educational Development equivalency (GED) is…
This position will require personnel to tie up (moor) and or release (unmoor) ships, and connect/disconnect liquid petroleum or other product cargo hoses from ships.
- Site Leader, Departmental Supervisor or Manager
- This position works under general direction
- Tie up and release ships.
- Visually inspect the ship to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that the ship is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before the loading or unloading process begins.
- Check the ship for the last product contained.
- Hook up/disconnect cargo and fuelling hoses.
- Connect hoses or pipes and operate equipment to load and unload liquid petroleum, chemical or other products on and off the ship.
- Disconnect loading arm/hose and inspect for any leaks prior to releasing the ship.
- Work closely with the Refinery / Terminal Operator and the Chief Mate of the vessel to ensure all proper information is exchanged to complete the transfer in a safe manner.
- Communicate with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur.
- Process and complete the appropriate paperwork/documentation in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials.
- This position will be required to wear a CSA Approved Life Jackets for the job.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or a General Educational Development equivalency (GED) is required.
- At least 1 year’s experience in a production or manufacturing role.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Successful candidates will also need to pass a criminal background check and a drug and alcohol test before their first day of employment.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sydney, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-06-24