OverviewServus Credit Union Mortgage Specialist – Windermere Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Servus Credit Union
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Mortgage Specialist – Windermere
Strategic Thinking and Planning. Required to meet clients at their convenience, evening and weekend appointments. Problem Solving and Decision Making….
The Mortgage Specialist position is a member of a dynamic retail branch team(s), and plays an integral role in the delivery of superior personalized mortgage service to our member owners. The primary objective of the Mortgage Specialist is to generate profitable mortgage business within your assigned branch(es) through developing, building and maintaining productive business relations. Build relationships with realtors, builders, community associations/groups and other industry related parties within the assigned territory. Deliver customized Mortgage solutions while ensuring member needs are being met and providing outstanding member service. The position is also responsible for recognizing and acting upon sales opportunities related to not only mortgages but to also franchise the members within Servus by referring new accounts, investments, MasterCard, Insurance, Home and Auto, and personal loans to Financial Advisor’s. The Mortgage Specialist utilizes their expert knowledge in mortgages and applies their technical expertise in the delivery of all mortgage related products/service, including High Ratio Mortgages, Conventional Financing, Construction, and Home Equity Line of Credit Mortgages. They actively participate in individual, branch and corporate campaigns. This position supports our corporate brand by creating an environment in which our members feel at home, perceive our staff as knowledgeable, and view Servus Credit Union as a good corporate citizen. As an ambassador of our Credit Union you strive for excellence as a Mortgage Specialist, and play a vital role in enhancing the financial well-being of our members, and the growth and profitability of our credit union.
- Conduct interviews with new and existing members to identify their needs, goals and objectives. Meet the needs of members by offering sound advice that contemplates their total financial situation and life cycle.
- Collect, compile and analyze information to assess credit worthiness and inform recommendations
- Complete all necessary information and/or documentation as per Retail Credit Policy and Procedure.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the local market, competitive offers , and economic trends
- Ensure use of appropriate pricing models and matrixes to enhance each member relationship
- Build member confidence , loyalty, and trust through courtesy, and the presentation of financial solutions
- Provide competent and courteous service to members at all times in a timely, friendly, and professional manner
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Work closely with the Mortgage Development Centre and the Regional Sales Manager for training requirements and territory assignments
- Prepare, complete and submit mortgage applications through Credit Path
- Obtain and provide all requested information to meet conditions as noted on approval of application.
- Meet with members to execute final documentation and solicit further business
- As required provide Branch/District Manager with regular and timely reporting
- Adhere to all legislative and regulatory requirements
Sales, Marketing, and Promotion
- Initiate contacts in the community to build up a referral line that refers member/potential members.
- Identify, solicit, and close sales opportunities; offer appropriate Servus products and services to members in response to stated needs, as well as in response to clues indicating unstated needs.
- Clearly communicate product and service information, utilize fact finding questions and professional responses or address objections; ask for the business
- Maintain good relations with referral sources.
- Be accessible for consultation, advice and support for internal staff and external referral sources. Liaison with these referral sources, display excellent communication skills and solicit and promote further referral business.
- Flexible work hours including evenings and weekends as required, including open houses and trade shows,
- Regularly attend realtor meetings – showcase yourself and Servus as an excellent partner for their clients.
- Maintain a high profile and professional image within the community
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and referral goals
- Support both internal and external staff complements.
- Participate in team development, team meetings and in applicable Credit Union meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in Branch Members First meetings
- Work towards assisting the Credit Union in providing Members First Service to our members.
- Participate and encourage good morale. Participation may be required to attend after hour functions on behalf of the Credit Union and travel on occasion.
- Work collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Ability to recognize cross-selling opportunities; respond to questions; complete sale or refer as appropriate
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, members and community
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Compose non-complex letters and memos from verbal instruction
- Effective listening skills
- Effective telephone skills
- Deals with conflict positively and supports others to resolve differences
- A positive attitude toward change
- Recognition of and respect for people’s diversity and individual differences
- Take responsibility for actions
- Personal initiative – act to get job done effectively and efficiently and support others to get job done
- Participate with others outside the team to enable them to act (I.e.: provide information in a timely manner)
- Continuous learning and development;
- Flexible and adaptable in implementing the credit union’s goals
- Ability to balance work and home responsibilities
- Stress management
- Effective time management
- Understanding and commitment to making changes
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Ability to identify, analyze and generate solutions to problems based on established procedures and/or past experience
- Ability to recognize when a problem requires referral to Supervisor/Manager
- Anticipate problems, generate solutions
- Take action within scope of position
- Ability to make sound decisions based on policies, procedures and experience
- Strive for continual improvement and efficiency
- Present new ideas that have productive outcomes (results in the generation of practical applications or development of new procedures)
Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Ability to relate actions to the strategic plans of the organization
- Knowledge of the organization and the credit union system
Required Technical Competencies
- Strong credit underwriting skills
- Confident and efficient use and understanding of CMHC/Genworth policies and interfaces
- Working knowledge of Credit Path, ICLic, and CUMIS
- Strong mortgage lending and underwriting experience
- Professional experience in a retail branch or business development with previous sales experience required
- Exceptional members’ needs identification, sales and negotiation skills
- Proven experience with prospecting, relationship development and database management
Education / Training:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business, finance, or related field is preferred
- Successful Completion of Servus Mortgage Courses
Licenses / Certificates:
- PFP Designation
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
- Willing to represent and promote Servus Credit Union within your community.
- Required to meet clients at their convenience, evening and weekend appointments.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23