OverviewService Nova Scotia Clerk 3 (Part Time 40%) (Temp) (Stellarton) Part Time in Stellarton, NS
Service Nova Scotia
Branch Stellarton NS CA
Clerk 3 (Part Time 40%) (Temp) (Stellarton)
Or a combination of post-secondary education and relevant training or an equivalency will be considered….
In Person Services
Please quote Competition # SNS2530MM
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
Please note this as a temporary position with an anticipated end date of March 31, 2017 .
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) – In-person Transaction Services completes transactions and provides quality customer service for individual and business customers of Service Nova Scotia (SNS) in a fast paced, constantly changing service delivery environment. The CSR scrutinizes, records and processes documents, applies relevant Acts, Statutes, policies and procedures, and determines whether applications/applicants requests meet program eligibility requirements. The CSR issues primary identity documents such as Driver’s Licenses and Nova Scotia Identification cards. The CSR is responsible for the care and security/control of public funds and the issuance and security/control of serial numbered and non-serial numbered inventory. The CSR accurately enters and retrieves data from automated systems and must exercise a high degree of confidentiality.
Grade 11 plus 4 years related experience; or a combination of post-secondary education and relevant training or an equivalency will be considered.
Proven data entry skills and ability to use computer applications and software to support business processes are necessary. As is a high aptitude and ability to acquire, retain, organize and apply policies, procedures, processes and forms.
Cash handling experience and balancing accounts in a fast paced, front line customer service environment is required. An ability to scrutinize and reconcile financial information and to detect and resolve discrepancies are considered assets.
Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to manage large volumes of workflow while maintaining accuracy and meeting service level objectives is essential. The successful candidate will also require an ability to react and adjust positively to changes in work environment and in policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have expertise in delivering quality customer service, communication and interpersonal skills in a fast paced front line customer service environment, including the ability to diplomatically deal with the general public and to effectively manage difficult client engagements.
Knowledge of SNS programs, policies, procedures and legislative requirements is an asset.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer or will result in termination of your employment.
Pay Grade: CL 18
Salary Range: $588 – $659 Bi-weekly
Closing Date: November 14, 2016
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union. Applicants applying for this opportunity must clearly indicate in their covering letter or resume that he/she is currently a Nova Scotia Government Civil Service Employee and a member of the NSGEU and include their Employee ID. Failure to do so means that your application will not be given first consideration and will only be included if external applications are pursued. Your Employee Self-Serve access will allow you to confirm what your employment status and ID number are prior to applying for this restricted position.
External applicants and current casual Nova Scotia Government employees will only be considered if there are no qualified Nova Scotia Government Civil Service NSGEU bargaining unit candidates.
• Please demonstrate in your application how you meet the above qualifications. In your cover letter identify the competition number, position and department.
• Please ensure that your cover letter and resume are combined into one document .
• To apply for this position , simply click on the “Apply Online Now ” button. To serve you better, we are using a user-friendly on-line application system through Career Beacon. Online applications are required and will provide benefits for you, as outlined below. All submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date.
• First time users to this on-line application system simply need to complete a quick basic registration to receive a username and password. If an email is not immediately received, please check your junk mail folder to ensure that it did not get directed there. Once registered, you will be able to upload your resume and cover letter in seconds or create them using the editor option in the system. Clicking on the “Apply Online Now” button will bring you to the registration or sign on screen. If you encounter any difficulties with your registration or technical issues , simply call 1-888-878-7637 for assistance (Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30).
• Benefits of applying online – The system will allow us to send an immediate confirmation email that your application was received. In addition, you can store your application on the system and access a copy of it as well as the posting at a later date if needed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Stellarton, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02