OverviewService Newfoundland and Labrador Departmental Program Coordinator (Licensing, Registration and Compliance Officer) Temporary in St. John’s, NL
Service Newfoundland and Labrador
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Departmental Program Coordinator (Licensing, Registration and Compliance Officer)
St. John’s, NL
Under the guidance of the Manager of Licensing Registration and Compliance, this front-line position plays a pivotal role in the licensing/registration and…
Under the guidance of the Manager of Licensing Registration and Compliance, this front-line position plays a pivotal role in the licensing/registration and compliance functions in the regulation of Securities, Insurance, Real Estate and Mortgage Brokers industries. The incumbent analyses and approves submissions and applications for registration/licensing, transfers, and amendments; carries out compliance examinations on securities firms; monitors compliance with annual filing requirements; analyses credentials to determine adherence to legislative and national standards; issues written refusals with reasons and recourse options; and monitors and investigates unlicensed activity. The incumbent also provides advice, guidance and direction to industry participants, associations and the legal community; and registers individuals in other jurisdictions by acting as the Principal Regulator on their behalf.
Merit Criteria (What is this?) Screening Criteria
Conditions of Employment (What is this?) Conditions of Acceptance
For more information about this opportunity please call Craig Whalen at (709) 729-5661.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06