OverviewSedgwick Claims Management Services Senior Customer Service Representative Part Time in Mississauga, ON
Sedgwick Claims Management Services
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Senior Customer Service Representative
Preferred Insurance related education. Customer Service based experience is required. Enrolled or agreeable to completing the Chartered insurance Professional…
PRIMARY PURPOSE : To receive and handle complex task assignments and to coordinate work assignments to support various claim types and work activity in a call centre environment operating 24/7.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes tasks based on assigned team queues to ensure callers are serviced as required, assignments are triaged accurately, assignments are opened and coded in compliance with client and provincial regulation.
- Provides claims services via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail/) to claimants and internal and external customers.
- Reviews incident and minor claims and determines compensability.
- Ensures claim files are properly coded
- Coordinates vendor referrals for site inspection, loss mitigation, emergency assistance and scene investigation
- Assigns Loss Adjusters as required for emergency response and investigation
- Assists in administrative support to Loss Adjusting team to prepare reporting and compilation of data required for insurers and clients.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
-Preferred Insurance related education
-enrolled or agreeable to completing the Chartered insurance Professional Designation
-ability to acquire a Letter of Authority in the Province of Ontario and other Provinces as deemed necessary
-Post secondary education preferred
-Customer Service based experience is required
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- French/English capabilities
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodation.
Mental : Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical : Computer keyboarding, Multi-screen script reading
Auditory/Visual : Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23