OverviewSedgwick Claims Management Services Senior Adjuster Full Time in Halifax, NS
Sedgwick Claims Management Services
Branch Halifax NS CA
Maintains client relationships to assure repeated business referrals . With history dating back to 1790 in London, Vericlaim, a Sedgwick company, has grown into…
With history dating back to 1790 in London, Vericlaim, a Sedgwick company, has grown into one of the world’s leading providers of loss adjusting and claims management services. We aim to provide meaningful, challenging work; a culture of learning with a focus on personal and career growth; and a competitive salary and benefits package to create opportunity for our colleagues.
We strive to continually build upon our long-standing reputation for excellence and customer-focused service in the property, casualty and marine insurance arenas. Vericlaim has over 170 domestic branch locations covering all 50 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada and the UK.
Vericlaim is committed to providing career opportunities to veterans and military spouses. We value diversity and inclusion in our colleagues and are devoted to delivering innovative, industry-leading solutions by recruiting, retaining, developing, and engaging the best and brightest people.
PRIMARY PURPOSE : To investigate and adjust property and casualty claims, both residential and commercial, with little to no supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects claims and contacts involved parties in a timely manner.
- Investigates circumstances of claim(s) as required for coverage determination, cause, and compensable damages/reserves.
- Examines insurance policies and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Prepares estimates for cost of repair and/or replacement.
- Conducts interviews with claimant and witnesses regarding submitted claim(s).
- Negotiates and settles both 1 st and 3 rd party claims.
- Addresses salvage and subrogation as required by the client.
- Maintains client relationships to assure repeated business referrals .
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. IIA-AIC designation required.
Five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competenci es
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental : Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Computer keyboarding, travel as required
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- H ave the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity
Auditory/Visual : Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE : Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10