OverviewSecuriguard Services Ltd. Campus Security Guards Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Securiguard Services Ltd.
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Campus Security Guards
Security/law enforcement experience (asset). We are currently hiring for Campus Security Guards based in Richmond BC….
We are currently hiring for Campus Security Guards based in Richmond BC.
- Providing excellent customer service to both the client and its guests
- Greeting and Welcoming people into the area
- Attending to person with special needs
- Patrol assigned areas, on foot, and in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce rules and regulations; and report infractions
- Resolve conflict
- Monitoring and Controlling video surveillance systems
- Ensure that safety and emergency procedures are following, respond to alarms and other emergencies
- Follow radio and emergency telephone procedures
- Investigate Accidents and incidents, write relevant, timely, concise reports.
- Investigate suspicious activity, safety, fire hazards, other security situations and write relevant, timely, concise reports.
- Coordinating and liaising with the police when required
- Flagging any breach of security to the Account Management immediately through the proper channels.
- 9- 12 months security experience
- Valid BC Security License-Must be able to be standing and active during entirety of shift.
- Must be able to remain alert and attentive at all times
- Must be familiar with and comfortable using a computer. All daily reports and incident reports will be completed on computer.
- Some light lifting may be required.
- Must be able to analyze and asses situations and proceed accordingly.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize while still maintaining a customer service demeanor.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to rapidly adjust to changing schedules.
- Must possess an excellent command of the English Language, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of any additional languages is an asset.
- There will be additional duties for the Shift and Site Supervisors.
- 24/7 availability
- Physical ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Travel off site may be required
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with security work engaging unknown and diverse representatives of the public
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Strong working knowledge of security and safety operations and practices
- Demonstrated organization skills
- With strong oral and written communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision. Must be self-directed
- Ability and willingness to perform physical tasks (lift and carry up to 20 lbs short distances)
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and privacy legislation ( e.g . PIPA)
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in diverse working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Basic Security Training
- Security License
- Advanced Computer skills with experience in the following computer applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
- OFA 1 Certification (asset)
- Security/law enforcement experience (asset)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23