OverviewSecure Energy Services Supply Chain Analyst Full Time in Calgary, AB
Secure Energy Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Supply Chain Analyst
The Supply Chain Analyst provides analytical support to the Supply Chain team within the Drilling and Production Services division of SECURE Energy (Drilling
The Supply Chain Analyst provides analytical support to the Supply Chain team within the Drilling and Production Services division of SECURE Energy (Drilling Services) Inc. This position will also require interfacing with accounting, operations and information technology groups in order to acquire data and develop better tools to support inventory management, manufacturing planning, raw and finished product procurement and forecasting functions. At times, the incumbent may be required to assist with the procurement and marketing functions of the supply chain group as well.
Required Skills The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting cost/price analyses using statistical tools, market trend data and parametric models.
- Developing, maintaining and demonstrating relationship building & supply chain expertise.
- Identifying internal and external process improvements that can be implemented to resolve issues, improve efficiency, reduce costs and improve flow of goods to shelf.
- Assessing, developing, finding and supporting conclusions or recommendations for value creation in the supply chain, inventory, procurement and delivery of products.
- Obtaining and synthesizing data from internal, external sources including AX, Geoscout, Express Vendor, and other industry sources to support forecasting and for use in negotiations.
- Building cost scenarios to support price comparisons between supplier proposal and other pricing sources. Participating in the negotiation process and preparing price analysis.
- Conducting fact-finding on supplier quotes or proposals. Collecting and verifying supplier’s cost data.
- Applying quantitative analysis to supplier contracting activities in the development of complex pricing models. Applying regression analysis to support supplier contracting activities.
- Coordinating with IT to improve application functionality and business processes.
- Coordinating with Operations, Sales and Supply Chain professionals to understand product functionality, key components and business requirements. Possessing the ability to discuss alternatives that support both cost effective and quality products and services.
- Producing Spend Analysis reports and Category management reports.
- Conducting Procure to Pay or Supply Chain Process analysis.
- Developing, maintaining & publishing customer scorecards to enable continuous improvement and business continuity.
- Performing other duties as required.
Required Experience The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a Supply Chain/Logistics or Marketing role; experience in customer facing roles is preferable.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or relevant industry specific relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks concurrently required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Conceptual ability to work with minimum information.
- Experience in Accounting or Finance is considered an asset.
- Category Management and Procurement Practises Experience is desired.
- Advanced MS-Excel skills required.
- Supply Chain Management (Supply Chain Certification) is desirable.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10