OverviewSears Canada General Manager – Southgate Centre, Edmonton Alberta Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
General Manager – Southgate Centre, Edmonton Alberta
Develop leadership team through an effective performance management program that provides goals, coaching, training and recognition as well as regular,…
Southgate Centre, Edmonton – Alberta
Purpose of Job
Lead the store team in the achievement of the unit sales plan and operational deliverables. Create an environment of associate engagement that maximizes customer service and delivers flawless execution of all processes and standards.
1. Create an environment where associates feel comfortable to openly exchange ideas and concerns. Drive associate engagement by actively promoting Sears Mission, Vision, and Values, providing regular communication through staff conferences, department meetings, daily scrums, scorecard meetings , etc., and maintaining high standards in all associate areas within the store. Ensure active recognition programs and associate development plans are in place.
2. Work with all store leaders to ensure customer service expectations, both direct and indirect, are being met, i.e. in-stock, selling interactions, store environment, Customer Service Desk service standards, etc. Use all available resources to diagnose and develop plans for improvement.
3. Drive flawless execution of corporate initiatives and store standards including operational, payroll, Sales per Hour achievement, and merchandising standards. Take a pro-active approach to diagnose and put solutions in place to address gaps and achieve plans.
4. Balances current day work with creating strategies to ensure successful execution of future (2 months out) initiatives, business to business opportunities, special events and financial deliverables.
5. Develop leadership team through an effective performance management program that provides goals, coaching, training and recognition as well as regular, meaningful assessments. Ensure succession plans are in place and developmental plans are implemented
6. Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required.
- At least 5 years experience in a Retail General Manager role
- Excellent selling service skills
- Demonstrated Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational/planning and analytical skills
- Three year community college: Retailing/Marketing or Business Administration
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-26