OverviewScott Miracle Canada Process & Formulations Specialist Contract in Saint-Bonaventure, QC
Scott Miracle Canada
Branch Saint-Bonaventure QC CA
Process & Formulations Specialist
Perform all project tasks in compliance with corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety principles. Bachelor’s degree with scientific focus (Biology, Chemistry…
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants….in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family…the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Process and Formulations Specialist who will grow at our St. Bonaventure, QC facility.
This person will work with Formulation Scientists to support the formulation development from bench-top experiments to commercial launch. They will also conduct research, prepare formulations, conduct laboratory tests, analyze results, and prepare appropriate documentation.
In this role you will :
- Prepare formulations for analysis and field work, conduct laboratory test, record and analyze results
- Characterize materials for quality assurance
- Create, route, and approve raw material and finished good specifications
- Develop and conduct appropriate tests to establish material performance and modify materials appropriately to satisfy final product requirements
- Provide hands-on support for various activities including manufacturing trials
- Design and conduct pre-formulation, formulation development, process development, process optimization, scale up and manufacturing and solve complex problems
- Develop and create raw material and formulation specifications within Scotts’ Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) documentations system
- Perform all project tasks in compliance with corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety principles
- Interact directly with Packaging Development, Biology, Marketing, Purchasing, and Supply Chain
- Prepare samples for stability testing and help analyze results
- Maintain laboratory and storage upkeep including chemical and equipment supply
The perfect person will have :
- Bachelor’s degree with scientific focus (Biology, Chemistry, Materials Science, Environmental Science, Natural Sciences or Wood Science)
- Minimum 2 years experience in Process and Formulations with larger CPG company
- Broad base knowledge of natural and wood type materials applicable to the manufacturing of growing media and soil based products
- Awareness of consumer lawn and garden products and practices; hands-on experience is desirable
- Bilingual in French/English
COME GROW WITH US , WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Scotts MiracleGro by accessing our Talent Network: SMG Talent Network
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, TomCat, Ortho, RoundUp, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Saint-Bonaventure, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11