OverviewScotiabank Manager HR Policy (12 month contract) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Manager HR Policy (12 month contract)
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off. Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical…
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Responsible for the design and development of global or domestic non-compensation human resources policies that are pragmatic, strategically focused, and aligned with Scotiabank’s Employer of Choice, Employment Brand, Diversity and Talent Management initiatives. This role influences the understanding and adoption of principles, policies and practices that ensure compliance in the areas of employment, human rights, accommodation, health and safety, employment equity and workplace standards.
– Provide project management expertise in the design of new, or the review of existing non-compensation Human Resources policies ensuring alignment with Scotiabank’s HR strategies.
– Develop project plans that ensure the timely completion of key deliverables.
– Research and draft policies, principles and communication tools that are concise and accurate that address employee needs.
– Develop global principles, and consistently apply the Global HR Policy Compliance Framework across all locations.
– Conduct best practice research to determine what tools, practices or policies could be applied to Scotiabank’s work environment.
– Chair or participate in policy related forums (e.g. OHS Corporate Policy Committee; Global HRPGC).
Best Practice Research:
– Conduct best practice research to determine what tools, practice or policies could be applied to Scotiabank’s work environment.
– Recommend and present to management new tendencies in the market or based on changes in legislation that require changes/updates to Scotiabank’s HR policies.
– Educate, advise and support Human Resources business partners to enable situational problem-solving and the appropriate application of policies and tools.
– Provide subject matter expertise and leadership while formulating workable solutions to issues in cooperation with other HR professionals
– Well-developed business writing and oral skills to facilitate clear communication with clients and stakeholders.
– Well-developed time management skills to satisfy the needs of a varied client group.
– Strong customer service orientation.
– Strong negotiation and consultation skills to influence desired outcomes.
– Well-developed project management.
The successful incumbent will be required to develop in depth knowledge of Scotiabank HR policies and procedures.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06