OverviewScotiabank Credit Analyst 12 months Contract Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Credit Analyst 12 months Contract
We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial…
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities. PLEASE NOTE: The schedule will be Monday to Friday with a rotation of Saturdays. The schedule will be for the late shift: weekday hours from 11am to 7pm to start and later transition to 1pm to 9pm; Saturday hours will be 9am to 5pm.
The Credit Analyst is responsible for the effective and timely adjudication of customer loan applications while ensuring a high level of service to dealers is delivered. The analyst’s primary responsibilities focus on analyzing customers with sub-prime credit history, understanding and interpreting loan applications submitted by Dealers, and utilizing consumer credit bureaus to make individual consumer loan recommendations that meet Bank policies and guidelines. This role works with a significant daily volume of loan applications from Dealers and income related information from Verification & Dealer Funding Representative. The Credit Analyst is required to obtain missing and/or confirm existing customer information provided by Dealers on loan applications with a strong focus on minimizing losses from credit fraud. The analyst’s responsibilities also focus on accurately capturing required loan adjudication information in the Business Line’s credit decisions and core contract management systems. The Credit Analyst is responsible for providing, human, straightforward, and knowledgeable service through daily interactions to create a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with dealers and fellow employees. The incumbent works closely with other Credit staff and Verification & Dealer Funding Representatives while maintaining strong working relationships with Dealers and Area Sales Managers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1. Contributes to loan growth and profitability while minimizing underwriting risk to the Bank
2. Ensures sound and timely due diligence in loan underwriting while conforming to Bank policies and procedures
3. Ensures the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction
SKILLS: To be successful in this position the incumbent will need to bring/develop the following:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize, allocate and monitor workload; using sound judgment to address problems and discrepancies.
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills to successfully conduct adjudication activities;
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to variations in application volume.
- Strong PC skills are necessary as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of operational, service management and related activities.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, policies and workflows, as it relates to SDA’s credit adjudication, income verification and dealer funding requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of SDA’s products, services, and operating systems.
- Previous experience in the analysis and adjudication of consumer credit. Direct experience in sub-prime financing considered an asset.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: – Completion of a post-secondary education (college or university) preferred
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-02