OverviewScotiabank Client Portfolio Analyst Commercial Banking (5 month contract) Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Client Portfolio Analyst Commercial Banking (5 month contract)
We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial…
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Commercial Banking provides mid-market and independent business clients throughout Canada with innovative borrowing solutions for financing growth, money management services to help efficiently manage cash flow, and tools and strategies to mitigate business risks. The Business Service Centre (BSC) serves as strategic support for the Commercial and Corporate clients and internal business line partners. The BSC’s are centralized units of skilled and knowledgeable employees who serve the day-to-day needs (non-client facing dealings) of the Commercial and Corporate Banking clients. The Vancouver Business Service Centre is looking to fill a Client Portfolio Analyst for a five month contract from June 29 to November 30, 2015 . This role is a great entry point into our Commercial bank as it affords opportunities to collaborate with our Commercial clients and work with related business line partners.
The Client Portfolio Analyst is responsible for contributing to the Bank’s overall success by providing superior service and support to all market segments of Business Banking Clients, Client Relationship Group and Credit Solutions Group. The incumbent possesses a broad knowledge of the Bank’s commercial products and services and his/her primary focus is to assist with monitoring, compliance and ensuring established requirements are met to mitigate risk for the Bank. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1.Provide superior service and support to Commercial Banking Clients and internal business line partners by:
- Developing and maintaining a sound knowledge and understanding of Commercial products and services for all market segments;
- Responding promptly and effectively to requests, concerns and complaints from clients, Client Relationship Group, and Credit Solutions Group
2. Assist in ensuring the Bank’s risk profile is mitigated by:
- Ensuring offside conditions as specified by the Bank’s adjudicating, auditing, and compliance organizations are identified, investigated and escalated to the appropriate Bank Officers;
- Continually monitoring accounts / products to ensure the criteria laid down by the Bank’s adjudicating, auditing, and compliance organizations are met;
- Completing any returns / reporting requirements accurately and submitting to the appropriate authority in a timely manner;
- For annual reviews completed by internal business partners, preparing/completing financial spreads in Moodys Financial Analysis;
- Escalating potential problem loan situations to the Client Portfolio Manager, and follow instructions given by the Manager Special Accounts as appropriate;
- Conducting analysis of client transaction activity QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills
- Ability to articulate strategies, build solid business cases, rational and justification for deals
- Good negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
Degree in business, economics, accounting or work equivalency is required
IMPORTANT – This is a contract position from June 29th to November 30, 2015 The successful candidate must be able to work independently and effectively within a team as well as in a fast paced environment.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24