OverviewSCIEX Field Service Engineer – Vancouver Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Field Service Engineer – Vancouver
Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental…
Field Service Engineer – Vancouver – SCI000837
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com .
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer position supporting LCMS platforms from Sciex. In this role Field Service Engineers provide high quality services to customers and participate in the installation, repair and maintenance of instrumentation at customer sites throughout the service district and greater service region as required. This activity includes but is not limited to field support of Sciex quadrupole and ion-trap instruments as well as associated HPLC systems supported by Sciex. Field Engineers will provide training to our customers and verify the operational performance and data quality of systems in order to contribute to our overall team success. High quality engagement with customers regarding their overall service and support needs as well as discussion of Sciex’s service/product offerings are expected. This position is to be based in Vancouver BC.
- Positively influences a high level of customer satisfaction through the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of assigned products.
- Uses enhanced troubleshooting skills to resolve Customer issues.
- Works independently and prioritizes work schedule of service calls.
- Maintains local tool and parts inventory to ensure adequate supply.
- Stays current on technical knowledge through participation in training programs, reading technical bulletins, and attending Regional Specialist call forums.
- Represent local field expertise on a Field Product Team as required.
- Perform all administrative duties in a concise and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Life Science, Chemistry, Engineering, Electronic Technician or related fields, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of field service engineering, technical customer support, or laboratory experience or equivalent is desirable.
- Additional experience with AB Sciex instrumentation or other mass spectrometry platforms is a plus.
- Travel required/Valid Driver’s License.
- Requires at least 2- 5 years of successful field service experience on Analytical/Life Science instruments or related/similar products.
- Travel within assigned geography, up to 50% overnight travel may be required.
- Fundamental understanding of good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer.
Danaher Corporation Overview Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization : SCIEX
Job Function : Technical Service
Primary Location : North America-Canada-BC-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21