OverviewSchool District #43 (Coquitlam) Manager of Health and Safety (Temporary) Temporary in Coquitlam, BC
School District #43 (Coquitlam)
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
Manager of Health and Safety (Temporary)
Graduation from a recognized diploma/degree program in occupational health and/or safety and/or environmental technology preferred….
Coquitlam School District invites applications for the position of Manager, Health and Safety (Temporary).
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Manager, Health and Safety is responsible for all aspects of occupational health and safety programs, employee loss prevention, and environmentally sensitive issues. Specific duties include legal compliance, program development and delivery, training and orientation, safety inspection, addressing inside and outside environmental concerns including WHMIS, hygiene and ergonomics, injury investigation and prevention, WORKSAFE BC claims management and appeals, emergency preparedness coordination, absence management and early return to work initiatives, coordination of employee assistance program, first aid services and budget administration.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from a recognized diploma/degree program in occupational health and/or safety and/or environmental technology preferred
- CRSP Certification preferred or working towards CRSP designation
- Significant experience (3+ years) in managing health and safety programs, including WORKSAFE BC compliance, claims management and environmental concerns
- Experience in a large multi-site public sector unionized environment
- Familiar with WORKSAFE BC Reporting System, MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills, along with proven leadership skills
- A valid class 5 BC Driver’s license andbusiness use of personal vehicle
A competitive salary is offered. The successful applicant will be required to complete two criminal record checks.
Please visit www.sd43.bc.ca /employment for a detailed job description of this position.
To apply, please forward your resume and three reference contacts to [email protected] , fax to 604-937-6758, or 550 Poirier Street, Coquitlam, BC, V3J 6A7 no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, May 29, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24