OverviewSchool District #43 (Coquitlam) Coordinator – Wellness, Attendance Support and Disability Management Full Time in Coquitlam, BC
School District #43 (Coquitlam)
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
Coordinator – Wellness, Attendance Support and Disability Management
Our school district values a coordinated, collaborative approach to working with our students, parents, community partners, the public, and employee groups….
Coquitlam School District invites applications for Coordinator – Wellness, Attendance Support and Disability Management.
As the third largest school district in the province we are located within a 40 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 33,000 students with approximately 3,500 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff. Our school district values a coordinated, collaborative approach to working with our students, parents, community partners, the public, and employee groups. Candidates must have a strong belief and commitment to public education.
This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the planning, implementation and management of employee attendance, temporary and permanent workplace accommodations for WorksafeBC (WSBC) injury/illness claims and non-occupation injuries/illnesses, and the promotion of wellness on behalf of School District 43. Working within a collaborative setting, the incumbent will liaise with both internal and external agencies and stakeholders to achieve goals in alignment with work performance standards set out by the School District.
Required Education and Experience
- Diploma in Disability Management OR completion of a bachelor’s degree in human resources, health sciences, or business, with additional specialized training in disability management;
- Minimum four years of related experience including experience in disability management, return-to-work, disability prevention, and rehabilitation, preferably within a multi-union environment;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Knowledge of human resources legislation and professional practices relating to labour relations, human rights, attendance promotion, HR planning and development, and Worksafe BC Rehabilitation Services and Claims Manuals;
- Advanced proficiency of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database management (Access), presentations (PowerPoint), internet searching and email.
For a detailed job description, please visit www.sd43.bc.ca/district/jobopportunities.
APPLICATIONS: A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete two criminal record checks.
Your application must include your resume, proof of education, and three reference contacts (including email). To apply, forward your documentation to [email protected] fax: 604-937-6758, or 550 Poirier Street, Coquitlam, BC, V3J 6A7 by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, October 7, 2015.
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful applicant must sign a release form to permit a criminal record review prior to confirmation of hiring.
“The deliberations of employees, and Committees used to screen and consider job applications, shall be kept in strict confidence, and shall not be disclosed to any person except as required by law. Personal references, recommendations and evaluations collected or generated by Board employees and Committee members as part of the Board’s hiring processes (other than references whose authorship and content is already known to the job applicant) shall be treated as having been supplied in confidence to the Board for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .”
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24