OverviewSchool District #33 (Chilliwack) 16-64 Child & Youth Care Worker – Temporary Full Time in Chilliwack, BC
School District #33 (Chilliwack)
Branch Chilliwack BC CA
16-64 Child & Youth Care Worker – Temporary
Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Sciences or equivalent. Participates in meetings and consults with student support services, classroom teachers, School Based…
School District No. 33 (Chilliwack )
UNION VACANCY NOTICE
(To be posted on all bulletin boards in the District)
16-64 September 19, 2016
Competition Number Date of Distribution
Electronic Applications must be submitted through Make a Future www.makeafuture.ca and include a cover letter and resume by 12:00 p.m., Friday, September 30, 2016.
Effective: Immediately to June 16, 2017
Description: Child and Youth Care Worker – Temporary
Location: Education Centre
Hourly Rate: $25.41
Shift (subject to change): 8:00 a.m. to 3:41 p.m.
Hours per Day/Week: 7 hours per day / 35 hours per week
Months per Year: 10
Deadline Date : September 30, 2016
Qualifications, experience, training as per class specification. For further information, contact Mr. Chuck Lawson, Principal of Education Centre .
Please Note : Interested staff members should apply through Make A Future at www.makeafuture.ca and include an updated resume stating experience, qualifications, and at least two current professional references, relating to the class specification.
This position is a temporary casual position and will be treated as any other casual assignment in regards to benefits and seniority. If the successful applicant is already a permanent employee with SD33 he/she will maintain their current benefits and will continue to accrue seniority.
CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER
Division: 5 (Teacher Assistant)
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent
Daily Assignment Supervision : District Counsellor
Upon assignment by the District Counsellor, a Child and Youth Care Worker provides assistance to teachers, severe behavioral students and parents. He/she works collaboratively with other employees, parents, students and community partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing specific strategies for students to achieve acceptable personal/social behaviour patterns.
- Assists with planning, implementing and monitoring behaviour management programs including observation, record keeping, follow-up, and reinforcement.
- Participates in meetings and consults with student support services, classroom teachers, School Based Team, parents and other agencies.
- Works with students on a one to one or small group basis to reinforce targeted behaviour goals as indicated in the student behaviour plan (IEP).
- May assist with planning and implementing family, group and individual counselling programs.
- Performs other related or emergent duties, as determined by the District Counsellor.
Photocopier, telephone and other classroom related equipment.
Required Knowledge, Ability, Skills
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.
- At least one year’s experience working with children with behaviour and/or emotional disorders.
- A valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Ability to extend and model patience, care, tolerance and understanding.
- Ability to apply behaviour management strategies to a given situation.
- Ability to respond to violent behaviour.
- Ability to intervene in crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to use courtesy and tact when dealing with the public, parents, staff and students since contacts are a major element of the job requiring considerable communication and human relations skills for such purpose as influencing, persuading, motivating, or negotiating with others, and in dealing with highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to plan and schedule work and organize workload effectively.
July 1, 1994
District Behaviour Facilitator
Revised: October 26, 2006
District Behaviour Facilitator
Revised: June 1, 2008
Child & Youth Care Worker
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Chilliwack, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20