OverviewSchool District #20 (Kootenay-Columbia) 1.0 FTE Student Support Services Teacher (Temporary) Temporary in Trail, BC
School District #20 (Kootenay-Columbia)
Branch Trail BC CA
1.0 FTE Student Support Services Teacher (Temporary)
1.0 FTE – Student Support Services Teacher. Expertise in a wide range of teaching and behavioural management strategies including skill development in social…
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20 (KOOTENAY-COLUMBIA)
for the 2015-2016 School Year
Posting Date: August 17, 2015
COMPETITION #15-T-51 (RE-POSTED)
STANLEY HUMPRHIES SECONDARY School
1.0 FTE – Student Support Services Teacher TEMPORARY: September 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016
- BC Certification
- Bachelor of Education with a focus on Special Education or equivalent training that includes coursework in the following areas:
- students with special needs including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- assessment/testing theory and practice
- strategies for adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the diverse needs of students
- Previous teaching experience in Special Education at the secondary level
- Expertise in a wide range of teaching and behavioural management strategies including skill development in social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and social skills
- Knowledge of methods for evaluating and selecting instructional materials suitable for students with a variety of special needs
- Knowledge and understanding of child and youth mental health issues
- Ability to carry out a variety of assessments, including classroom observation, curriculum-based assessment and diagnostic teaching methods, administration and interpretation of norm-referenced assessment instruments to Level B
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate an IEP in consultation with classroom teacher(s), parents, students, staff and district and community resource personnel
- Formal training and experience administering Woodcock Johnson III Achievement Test battery
- Working knowledge of computer-based learning software (i.e. Moodle)
- Working knowledge of assistive software (i.e. Boardmaker, Writing with Symbols, Co-Writer, Dragon Dictate/Dragon Naturally Speaking, Kurzweil, etc.)
- Working knowledge and ability to facilitate the use of the school’s Sensory Lab.
- Direct, supervise and support the work of Educational Assistants/Child Care Workers
- An understanding of inclusion and how to support the school community towards this belief set / value
- Ability to support, model, co-teach and collaborate around best practice to support an inclusive classroom
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and classroom management skills
For further information, please contact Mr. Aaron McKenzie, Principal, at (250) 365-7735.
Applications should be sent to Mrs. Marcy VanKoughnett, Director of Human Resources, School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia) 2001 Third Ave, Trail, BC V1R 1R6 by 12:00 (Noon), Thursday, August 20, 2015.
Please note we only accept online applications. Please apply online through www.makeafuture.ca
Applicants agree to confidential reference checks, including all previous employers.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
cc: http://www.makeafuture.ca , www.sd20.bc.ca , KCTU, Schools
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Trail, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18