OverviewScanning/Data Entry Clerk-Breast Health Centre in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Scanning/Data Entry Clerk-Breast Health Centre
and faxing Related experience in health care is required Knowledge of Medical Terminology required Minimum keyboarding speed of 30 words per minute…
Position # 20001324
The Scanning and Data Entry Clerk position performs all scanning and data entry into the electronic patient record at Breast Health Centre. These duties include: electronically entering, appending, scanning or manually processing data into Aria database. Downloads data from other systems as needed. Maintains the integrity and accuracy of data in the system. Tracks down missing data and enters; assists with quality checks on data, validation and assists with verification of data on an ongoing basis; assists with analysis and organization of information and report preparation including presentations. Enters and runs monthly reports from database as required. In addition, this position may need to cover off, when there are staff shortages, the general responsibilities of the Clerk/Receptionist role by performing a variety of clerical tasks that may include scheduling patients, answering telephones, receiving and directing patients, chart preparation and maintenance, file control, and ordering supplies. Assists the multidisciplinary team to ensure the care and comfort of patients, as well as routine site organization and environmental control.
- Completion of a high school or equivalent program of studies
- Health Unit Clerk Certificate or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining a data entry system, Aria preferred
- Experience maintaining records
- Excellent communication skills with switchboard/receptionist experience
- Experience with mail distribution, photocopying and faxing
- Related experience in health care is required
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology required
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 30 words per minute
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Data entry experience required
- Must communicate fluently in written and spoken English
- Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Fluent French an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-moving environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to effectively work as a team member
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11