OverviewSaskatoon Health Region Nutritionist – Degree Part Time in Saskatoon, SK
Saskatoon Health Region
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Nutritionist – Degree
Ability to travel both within the region and provincially. INHERENT IN THIS ROLE ARE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SPECIFIC TO PRE AND POSTNATAL NUTRITION,…
UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE MANAGER OF THE HEALTHY MOTHER HEALTHY BABY PROGRAM, THE NUTRITIONIST PLANS, IMPLEMENTS AND EVALUATES NUTRITION-RELATED PROGRAMS FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION, SELECTED TARGET AUDIENCES, PROFESSIONALS, COMMUNITY GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS. THE NUTRITIONIST FUNCTIONS WITHIN THE MULTIDISCIPLINARY HEALTHY MOTHER HEALTHY BABY/FOOD FOR THOUGHT TEAM, IN A PRIMARY HEALTH FOCUS, TO PROMOTE OPTIMAL PREGNANCY OUTCOMES AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHOICES. INHERENT IN THIS ROLE ARE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SPECIFIC TO PRE AND POSTNATAL NUTRITION, BREASTFEEDING AND GENERAL INFANT NUTRITION, ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH POVERTY, AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF FOOD SECURITY ISSUES.
- Accredited Dietetic Internship
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Dietitians of Canada
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Dietitians Association
EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A CLINICAL BASED SETTING. EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A COMMUNITY/PUBLIC HEALTH BASED SETTING..
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Expected Start Date: February 19, 2018
Expected Up To Date: October 28, 2018
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10