OverviewSaskatoon Health Region Health Educator Staff Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Saskatoon Health Region
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Health Educator Staff
Utilising the circular model of Holistic health care, the Educator will ensure the cultural and traditional needs of the patient are an equally considered…
The Health Educators plays a crucial role in the development of healthy and inclusive social, psychological, emotional and physical First Nation and Metis communities. Utilising the circular model of Holistic health care, the Educator will ensure the cultural and traditional needs of the patient are an equally considered factor when developing their health plan. The Educator is expected to employ an effective combination of SHR Values combined with guidance from Elders, colleagues, personal experience, post secondary education and specialized training to assist clients in their efforts to sustain balance in all aspects of their lives.
- Bachelor Degree in a health-related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to develop and deliver formal education programs
- Knowledge of diverse health issues, culture and traditions
- Presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact, maintain confidentiality and demonstrate openness to religious and cultural diversity
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
- Incumbent is required to fluently speak and understand Cree and/or Salteaux language
Expected Start Date: April 16, 2018
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04