OverviewSaskatoon Health Region Audiologist – Masters Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Saskatoon Health Region
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Audiologist – Masters
Multi-Facility – Home Facility – Royal University Hospital. Within the context of a client and family centered approach and in accordance with established…
Within the context of a client and family centered approach and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, the audiologist performs clinical audiological services including assessments, diagnoses and treatment for eligible patients with hearing and balance concerns. This also includes tasks such as completing patient reports, educating patients/families, providing hearing related counseling and consultation as well as playing an active role in the Saskatchewan Cochlear Implant Program.
- Masters Degree in Audiology
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (SASLPA)
Previous experience with cochlear implant assessment/rehabilitation and hearing aid assessment and fitting is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Requires knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of all audiological procedures and hearing/vestibular disorders for all ages, as appropriate including; early hearing detection and intervention protocols
- Ability to carry out diagnostic air and bone conduction abrs
- Behavioral testing, fitting, verification and validation of amplification using established protocols
- Minor hearing aid modification and ear mold fittings
- Assessment, programming and follow up for implantable devices including bone conduction hearing devices and cochlear implants
- Field Hours
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Geographic Location: Multi-Facility – Home Facility – Royal University Hospital
Expected Start Date: January 22, 2018
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11