Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2017-01-25
Saskatoon Co-op Pharmacist Part Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
If incorporated into a food floor, to be familiar with the layout and general locations of merchandise throughout the entire store….
- To personally fill prescriptions.
- Where approved, to supervise a pharmacy technician, student, or apprentice in those functions which are authorized by government and professional regulations and the Saskatoon Co-op regulation
- To be aware of and abide by the government regulations and Saskatoon Co-op’s policies in regards to the control, safekeeping, and sale of drugs, including the return and/or disposal of outdated dispensary stock
- To be responsible for general housekeeping duties, and the general appearance of the entire department when not occupied with prescription related activities
- To provide information and patient oriented advice to customers concerning the proper use of prescription medication, as well as over the counter or self medication products
- To assist in the supervision of staff, and in the implementation of some staff training programs
- To be familiar with all merchandise carried in the department, with merchandise normally carried in pharmacies, as well as to be aware of new products pertaining to the pharmaceutical and retail pharmacy industry
- If incorporated into a food floor, to be familiar with the layout and general locations of merchandise throughout the entire store.
- To check and adjust customer complaints within the established policies of the Saskatoon Co-op.
- To supervise the movement of inventory (receiving and selling), including the ordering of prescription (dispensary) pharmaceutical products, and ‘over the counter’ merchandise.
- To be aware of, and informed about Saskatoon Co-op contracts, policies, procedures, and practices.
- To assist, if required, the supervisor in preparing reports, compiling statistics, processing invoices, and preparing annual budgets
- To place claims against suppliers and carriers of Saskatoon Co-op Merchandise when required.
- To be familiar with, and assist with current merchandising and signing policies, procedures, and practices.
- To open and lock up the store and/or department when required.
- When required, to assist in the safekeeping of all cash handled in the department.
- To maintain a constant alert against unauthorized removal of merchandise
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess BSP Degree
- Must possess current Provincial Pharmaceutical Licence.
- Must be strongly service oriented and motivated, and be capable of serving and assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
If you are interested in this job posting please obtain an internal job application from your Manager and forward it to Human Resources.