OverviewSaskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board Actuarial Analyst Temporary in Regina, SK
Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board
Branch Regina SK CA
Knowledge of government, the insurance industry and actuarial services are preferred. This position will work closely with the internal and external actuaries…
This position will work closely with the internal and external actuaries and Data Governance team to support the organizations research. This includes monitoring of ongoing claims and cost experience and providing projections of assets, liabilities and contribution requirements. This position is also responsible for compiling, preparing and analyzing internal cost data and benefit calculations that feed the annual valuation, rate setting and rate reconciliation processes.
A university degree in Actuarial Science.
A minimum of one year successful experience demonstrating the ability to do the following:
– Good oral and written communication skills.
– Good interpersonal skills (one-to-one and in groups or teams).
– Collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing and reporting on both qualitative and quantitative data.
– Computer skills, including retrieving and analyzing databases, spreadsheets and the use of statistical package software such as SPSS, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
– Knowledge of government, the insurance industry and actuarial services are preferred.
– Knowledge and experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL) is considered an asset.
Equivalent combination of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge, skill and competence, may be considered.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24