OverviewSaskatchewan Polytechnic Senior Purchasing Assistant Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Senior Purchasing Assistant
Purchasing Certificate OR two years of Purchasing Classes towards SCMP designation; Purchases equipment, materials, supplies and services as required by…
Senior Purchasing Assistant
Category of work
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Open Until Filled
$26.07 – $31.18 per hour
Temporary Market Stipend
Hours of Work
Regulated 36 hours (5/4 work pattern)
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
36 hour work week every second Friday off.
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Under the direction of the Materials Management Coordinator, the incumbent:
• Purchases equipment, materials, supplies and services as required by Saskatchewan Polytechnic internal stakeholders.
• Instructs new Saskatchewan Polytechnic employees on the usage of FAST web requisitioning (WR) tool and the PCard and travel card processes.
• Signs and processes purchase order requests.
• Ensures all necessary documentation (including single/sole source forms) are completed accurately and are attached to the WR.
• Provides compliance reporting (as requested by the office of the provincial auditor) on a quarterly basis to the material management coordinators and manager of procurement.
• Provide clarification on Saskatchewan Polytechnic procurement policies and procedures.
• Oversees the responsibility of the mailroom and the junior purchasing assistant.
• Supports all major functions of the procurement area.
• Co-ordinates and audits the procurement card monthly reconciliations for Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
• Responds to inquiries from external stakeholders (government authorities, students, general public, vendors (potential and current).
• Provides customer service in a time sensitive, detail driven environment.
• Provides clerical support to areas under Financial Services specifically purchasing and mailroom.
• This position works indirectly with divisional purchasing budgets, to ensure cost effectiveness to Saskatchewan Polytechnic and the division.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
– Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
– Purchasing Certificate OR two years of Purchasing Classes towards SCMP designation; OR Accounting Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
– Training and/or experience at the Intermediate level in the use of common software packages i.e. MS Office Suite.
– Basic knowledge of GAAP .
– Effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
– Effective interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work independently under generalized supervision.
– Maintain confidentiality.
– Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11