OverviewSaskatchewan Polytechnic Library Technician Full Time in Moose Jaw, SK
Branch Moose Jaw SK CA
Moose Jaw, SK
Basic reference skills using full range of tools including electronic resources, i.e. online database, CD ROMS , internet software, interactive videodisk….
Category of work
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw Campus
Open Until Filled
$1789 – $2137.58 bi-weekly
Temporary Market Stipend
Hours of Work
Regulated 36 hours (modified)
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
Monday to Friday, 5/4 work pattern. There will be some evening and weekend hours.
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
1. Reference service – assist Sask Polytech students, staff, and faculty with their information requirements. Refer research assistance for faculty to librarians.
2. Assist patrons with using a variety of software and troubleshoot computer problems. Refer major hardware problems to the Helpdesk.
3. Collection development responsibilities in assigned program areas.
4. Conduct library orientation tours. Refer instructional requests to librarians.
5. Catalog items when vendor cannot supply MARC records and troubleshoot problems in the libraries’ database.
6. Working within a team environment, assist with the development, implementation and operation of new and existing library-related technologies.
7. Working closely with the library systems administrator to assist in maintaining the SIRSI -Dynix Library ILS .
8. Assist library management in creating and fostering key partnerships with Saskatchewan Polytechnic Schools and other service areas.
9. Other technology related responsibilities – operation and minor maintenance for the photocopiers/printers, coin boxes, cash register (clearing paper jams, adding toner. etc.). Assist patrons with the operation of computers, printers, photocopiers.
10. Provide circulation desk service to Sask Polytech students, faculty and staff.
11. Communicate effectively in a collegial, team-based environment.
12. Active participation on library teams.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Diploma or certificate in library technology from a recognized institution.
2. One year recent relevant experience.
3. Basic knowledge of circulation and reference procedures, bibliographic record structure and Anglo-American cataloguing rules.
4. Training and/or experience in the use of MS Word and Excel.
5. Knowledge of common office procedures and operations.
6. Experience with the Library of Congress Classification System and familiarity with the Dewey Decimal System.
7. Experience working with electronic databases.
8. Basic reference skills using full range of tools including electronic resources, i.e. online database, CD ROMS , internet software, interactive videodisk.
9. Computer familiarity with advanced level keyboarding skills and advanced level troubleshooting knowledge.
10. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
11. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Moose Jaw, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24