OverviewSaskatchewan Polytechnic Instructional Designer Full Time in Saskatchewan
Branch SK CA
Contribute to the evaluation of emerging Web technologies and tools. Experience with Web authoring tools, media development tools, and companion tools for…
Category of work
Multiple Locations (Please check posting details)
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Open Until Filled
As per salary instructional grid
Temporary Market Stipend
Hours of Work
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
199 assigned days
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
The primary responsibility for the position is to apply principles of instructional design in the creation of online course materials. The position will analyze content and identify appropriate instructional media, design learning activities, develop interactive components, create and construct content in an online environment. The successful applicant will support all phases of integrating instructional technology into the teaching and learning process.
Your role as a full-time instructor at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will be supported through instructional materials, on-going employer provided training, and our requisite faculty certificate program. This initiative will develop our instructors professionally while ensuring a high quality learning experience for all Saskatchewan Polytechnic students.
1. Create plans and blueprints for delivery of online training.
2. Develop online learning student and instructor resource materials.
3. Produce course materials that require the integration of technology with instruction including Web development, multimedia authoring tools, streaming media audio/video technologies and ensuring appropriate evaluation methods are included
4. Design effective instructional strategies and technology-based resources applying adult learning principles.
5. Assist and advise faculty in defining appropriate instructional strategies & philosophies in the preparation of courses and course redesign.
6. Analyze existing instructional materials to identify potential areas for design modification using new technologies.
7. Integrate technology with instruction for online environments using multimedia authoring tools, streaming media, audio/video technologies and other related software.
8. Facilitate the adaptation of course materials for web-based delivery.
9. Assist in the analysis of learning goals, learners, and learning context for course design and evaluation
10. Integrate all course elements and provide attention to detail and quality assurance in the development of electronic course materials.
11. Participate in establishing course development schedules and assist in setting priorities for projects and activities.
12. Employ effective time management strategies while working on multiple course development projects simultaneously.
13. Conduct education/training analyses; develop assessment and evaluation strategies and tools.
14. Contribute to the evaluation of emerging Web technologies and tools.
15. Work collaboratively with Learning Technologies staff and distributed teams to develop/promote a variety of support services.
16. Lead development teams in the design of effective WBT instructional strategies in collaboration with content specialists and technical support.
17. Collaborate with subject matter experts.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. A graduate degree with specialized studies in instructional design and development for online education and multimedia training, evaluation, needs analysis and educational technology or an equivalent combination of at least four years of relevant post-secondary education, recent training and experience.
2. Two years of web-based instructional design experience and in applying principles of instructional design in the creation of online course materials and assessments. May include graduate degree experience.
3. Experience in the development of blueprints for online courses and in providing programming/development support.
4. Experience with Web authoring tools, media development tools, and companion tools for developing interactive online courses.
5. Demonstrated ability in developing online/multimedia courses and the application of effective design.
6. Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Learning Management Systems, Internet technologies and implementation strategies.
7. Ability to work independently and demonstrated skills in working within a team in an academic environment under strict, tight timelines, demonstrating a high degree of self direction, initiative and motivation.
8. Superior interpersonal, communications and computer skills.
9. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-27