OverviewSaskatchewan Polytechnic ESL (LINC) Instructor Evening Program CLB 7 Part Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
ESL (LINC) Instructor Evening Program CLB 7
Be able to design module and lesson plans that are level appropriate, creative, innovative and teach language development while also teaching how to integrate…
ESL (LINC) Instructor Evening Program CLB 7
Category of work
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Open Until Filled
As per Academic Salary Grid
Temporary Market Stipend
Hours of Work
To be Assigned
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
Please submit an Educational Portfolio with your online application that contains: 1) Teaching Philosophy 2) Module Plan for CLB 7 3) Lesson Plan from the Module Plan. Should you be selected for an interview, be prepared to role play teaching 10 minutes of your submitted Lesson Plan. Let HR know which equipment you would like to aid with your presentation.
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
1. Provide English language training to adult newcomers to Canada according to the mandates of the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada ( LINC ) program and Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
2. Manage the classroom to ensure an optimum learning environment that fully integrates contemporary technology. Keep abreast of industry trends and relevant research. Implement all aspects of Portfolio Based Language Assessment ( PBLA ) methodology.
3. Provide a nurturing learning environment that supports adult student language development and encourages students to expand their abilities in a way that is creative, innovative and dynamic.
4. Plan and deliver language learning activities that are real-world tasks based on Canadian culture and mannerisms in accordance with LINC classroom themes and the Canadian Language Benchmark Competencies.
5. Provide continuous formative evaluation, assessment, and feedback to students and collaborate with members of the LINC instructional and administrative team to ensure continuity, accuracy and efficient student advancement.
6. Maintain daily and monthly attendance records and portfolio evidence of advancement as well as all other student related information. Submit exit forms, monthly reports and level completion forms by the timelines stipulated.
7. Identify resources and technology appropriate to support the English language training at the relevant level.
8. Accommodate special learning needs faced by equity groups and those from diverse cultures. Be adept at working within a culturally diverse environment that could be sensitive to certain social traditions and political leanings. Be able to provide appropriate referral as warranted.
9. Be able to design module and lesson plans that are level appropriate, creative, innovative and teach language development while also teaching how to integrate into Canadian culture.
10. Be able to create a stimulating learning environment for students by using effective repetition in a variety of ways. Be nurturing, supportive and patient.
11. Engage students in level appropriate learning activities designed to strengthen their knowledge of Canadian employment culture and language skills.
12. Practice co-operative interpersonal and communication skills within an interdependent team environment
13 .Actively engage in relevant professional development opportunities so as to keep current and within the Saskatchewan Polytechnic mandate.
14. Follow and model regulations, procedures and policies adopted by Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Bachelor’s degree in a field related to English language acquisition, plus a CERTESL course completion from an institute recognized by TESL Canada and/or TESL Canada certification.
2. Minimum of 6 months full time experience in the last two years as an English language instructor preferably to adults.
3. Working knowledge of software, internet programs, technology applications and Canadian industry trends pertaining to ESL teaching. Working knowledge of basic office programs such as word and excel.
4. Able to demonstrate competence in using learner portfolio teaching methodology.
5. Able to demonstrate competence using the Canadian Language Benchmarks within the LINC classroom themes to construct a custom-designed module plan and lesson plan for the relevant CLB level.
6. Able to demonstrate effective group facilitation skills appropriate for adult language learners.
7. Able to demonstrate oral and written communication skills equivalent to CLB 11.
8. Able to demonstrate an ability to resolve conflict, maintain respect and collaborate with team members.
9. Able to demonstrate ability to work with a culturally diverse group of adult students who may have special learning needs.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24